03 ford explorer xlt 2wd teen with many questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 ford explorer xlt 2wd teen with many questions

imnotbean

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explore xlt 2wd
I have a 03 ford explore sport xlt 2wd i was planning on throwing a huge lift kit on it big tires and calling it a day with a bit more mods on it. This is my first truck and i’m actually planning on just putting on a 4-5 inch lift kit and good size tires and some performance mods but idk which are actually good or just for show but I also want it to be able to still keep up with speed and not be a slow rolling fortress. Can anybody help me with this build and lead me in the right direction.thank you

I have a 03 ford explore sport xlt 2wd i was planning on throwing a huge lift kit on it big tires and calling it a day with a bit more mods on it. This is my first truck and i’m actually planning on just putting on a 4-5 inch lift kit and good size tires and some performance mods but idk which are actually good or just for show but I also want it to be able to still keep up with speed and not be a slow rolling fortress. Can anybody help me with this build and lead me in the right direction.thank you
Welcome to the forum.

There is no 4-5” lift kit available for the 3rd gen Explorers. As far as a suspension lift your only ‘bolt in’ option are strut spacers.

I achieved 6” of lift with 2” strut spacers and a 3” body lift, with 265/75/16 (32” x 10.5”) tires. There is not a body lift for the 3rd gen Explorer, I used the PA883 Body lift for the Ranger. Even with that body lift you’ll still need to work out something to lift the rear bumper. I flipped mine over and trimmed the foam inside the bumper cover to make it fit.

There is a link in my signature to the body lift thread, spacers go in like changing the strut.

I have a 04 with a 3" suspension lift and 265/70/17 on stock wheels

IMG_20171220_141702069.jpg

Back