• Register Today It's free!

03 solid front axle

trac power

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer sport trac
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever done a front axle swap in a 03 sport trac and is there any pictures or clips

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chad did one on his, I'll be doing one on mine soon too. You can check out his build thread in the offroad section.

You gonna do SAS yourself Jerry? I would really love to do mine but I don't have the skills just yet. The IFS sucks and I'm tired of replacing hubs.

Hopefully I'll have the ST paid off sooner then expected and so I've been looking around and researching parts, prices, etc. for what I'll need to do mine. Still up in the air on wether to do a longarm type setup or a 3 link setup. This is gonna be kinda new to me as well doing the work on a midsize truck (fabbing a SAS). I used to working on solid axles on fullsizes. really miss my old '79 Scout II but the Pittsburgh rust ate it up.

Well, I look forward to following you when you start that project. Next thing I must get a autolocker for my trac, it really is a must down here with all the mud we have. I got a winch already but I need to buy a bumper for it. Found a guy who sells them on ebay. Can't wait till I have some funds to throw at the trac.

Looks like the Sport Trac community is getting more people wanting solid axles recently. As Jerry said, check Chad's thread.

I've been doing my homework on this for a long time and still don't know how I'm going to get it done and what all I'm going to need. I'm just keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a Dana 60 and figure I'll go from there once I have one in my possession. Probably going to be awhile but I have a neighbor that I might be able to get one from really cheap (whole truck!), just haven't talked to him because this project is pretty low on the priorities with getting married in June and all the other stuff I got going on.

i have just been running into issues with differential issues and i want that solid axle feel and strength in the front

A sport trac is the same thing as a gen 2 explorer or ranger. So basically all of the SAS build threads on this site will work.

Back