03 ST rear doors will not open using inside handles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 ST rear doors will not open using inside handles

mennitti

Reaction score
City, State
Punxsutawney, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLT
I see some confusing threads about an auto-lock feature, but nothing addresses my problem. The rear doors will not open from the inside using the inside handle. It is like the child safety locks are engaged, but they are not. It doesn't matter which position the safety switches are in, neither side allows the doors to open from the inside. Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im having the same problemon one door and the other is hard to open

could be the rod from the interior handle to the latch is out of adjustment

Only way to diagnose is by removing the door panel. Leave the window up before disconnecting. :thumbsup:

A lot of the lock mechanism parts are plastic and can break.

Okay. I wanted to make sure there was no special steps to return from childproof locks engaged. Like lift the outside handle while standing on your head drinking a v8 and humming Mary Had a Little Lamb while cycling between child locks engage to disengage. Or anything like that….

Okay. I wanted to make sure there was no special steps to return from childproof locks engaged. Like lift the outside handle while standing on your head drinking a v8 and humming Mary Had a Little Lamb while cycling between child locks engage to disengage. Or anything like that….

Actually it is drinking a Schlitz while singing " In heaven there is no beer"...:chug:

Back