• Register Today It's free!

03 trans problem

MOREISSUES

Reaction score
City, State
Tunnelton wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer xlt
What would cause the tranny to have all gears cold but after warming up no gears and burnt fluid

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many miles on it. Drain the fluid Drop the pan install new filter and see what that does for you. Mercon V only. Recommend motorcraft. You may have to do a flush to get all the fluid out. This is the least expensive thing to do.

It was rebuild abt 50000 miles ago and new od sprag less than 100miles

Do you have a warranty on that transmission??. Also how many miles on the transmission since the rebuild??

No warranty and around 50 thousand since rebuild

od sprag less than 100miles. Do you have the invoice for this job. See what fluid was used. Also how did the transmission work before the sprag replacement

It only had reverse and second after it was fixed it had a flare from first to second changed solenoid block no change then replaced wiring harness fixed the flare but now I have this problem

OK I was told today that the 02 Tran I put in the 03 might not be compatible with it is this possible I mean I know one I put in is a w and the one it had was s but that's just a slight ratio change was also told it could be the range senso

Back