03 x sport engine swap what options do I have?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 x sport engine swap what options do I have??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

easiest would be to use the V8 that was offered with that year/model.

i dont know much about engine swaps, but it seems easier to use a direct fit motor.

maybe you could use the 5.0 from the second gen, but idk.

good luck!

In the 2003 Sports the only engine offered was the sohc v6 as far as i know. The 4 doors were offered with a v8 but i dont think you can use a motor from an older vehicle because it will not pass the emissions test.

oh hmm idk then, ya i forgot about emmisions.

living in mt, we dont have any kind of tests for our cars, just register and your set, so i never think of that.

ya sorry i cant help then, since i know nothin about the emmsisions tests.

The 03 Sport is kinda limited on engine swap options.

To keep the swap LEGAL, the only real option you have is the 4.6L 2V...

I know they were put into the SportTrac, but I'm not sure what changed under the hood to fit it in there. The sheetmetal on the outside didn't change, but that doesn't say anything for the inside. I know that doesn't help YOU much.

Ryan

The 03 Sport is kinda limited on engine swap options.

To keep the swap LEGAL, the only real option you have is the 4.6L 2V...

I know they were put into the SportTrac, but I'm not sure what changed under the hood to fit it in there. The sheetmetal on the outside didn't change, but that doesn't say anything for the inside. I know that doesn't help YOU much.

Ryan

The 4.6V8 was NOT offered in the first gen SportTrac. The V8 did not become avail until the sen gen SportTrac.

Back