04 Explorer alternator fit an 04 Ranger?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer alternator fit an 04 Ranger??

danny1mmafan

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Ranger
A friend of mine has a high output alternator on his 04 explorer 4.0 6 it was direct bolt on. I am wanting to buy it off of him and would like to know if yall might know if it will fit my 04 Ranger 4.0 6??? The bolt holes measure same distance apart BUT im worried when we pull it off and I compare them the bolt holes might be offset cause they would be located in a different spot on the alternator of the explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on guys someone should know the answer to this lol I will as soon as it gets delievered.

Well unless some here has an Explorer & Ranger of similar years it would be hard to know. Perhaps a ranger forum would be a better choice as someone may have tried this before.
I know that this forum makes mention of Rangers but I have never found much Ranger stuff here.

Your best shot would be to try putting the alternator from his truck on yours and see if it fits. Let us know what happens.

Just go to www.rockauto.com and see if the same part number comes up for your Ranger compared to his Explorer.

Well unless some here has an Explorer & Ranger of similar years it would be hard to know. Perhaps a ranger forum would be a better choice as someone may have tried this before.
I know that this forum makes mention of Rangers but I have never found much Ranger stuff here.

Your best shot would be to try putting the alternator from his truck on yours and see if it fits. Let us know what happens.

Thanks I will leave this forum and find a ranger forum. I cam here cause the alternator was of an EXPLORER and figured someone might have used one of a ranger. But found my andwesr incase it helps others an 04 Ranger alt will fit 04 emplorer as long as they r both 4.0

Back