04 Explorer EB 4.6L-Window Uplift Motor or Window Regulator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer EB 4.6L-Window Uplift Motor or Window Regulator

PBB

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer EB
First, I wanted to thank the owners, moderators and all the contributors to this forum. IMO, This is definitely the best car forum on the internet! We have had an Explorer or Three in the driveway since 1995 and anytime we have had an issue this forum is the first place my son and I go to when researching a issue whether or not we DIY or let the mechanic do it! Enough sucking up.......

The Window Uplift Motor on the front drivers' side window is dead. Removed the panel and the switch panel. Took the test light and confirmed power to the switch. Tested the switch by depressing the up/down and the corresponding wire at the motor.

I was looking at a couple of the auto parts websites (Definately,Not Autozone!) and I noticed you can purchase a window uplift motor or Window regulator. Can you replace the motor leaving the rest of the regulator in place or do you have to pull the entre assembly and remove and replace it on the bench? If I have to pull the assembly, I will just replace the entire regulator. If I can just swap the motor I will go in that direction.

Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Patrick
Atlanta,GA

I would guess you will have to pull the entire assembly out of the door as there is no room to work while it is in there. This is not direct experience as the only one I replaced on mine was a rear door and the regulator was broken.

*totally irrelevant to your question but, eh* My drivers side window is on its last leg, I reckon. It makes a loud clicky noise when you put it all the way down. It sounds like when you close a metal mailbox, sorta. I admit, I have dropped papers in the window slot on the passenger side, which recently started squeaking for a quick minute but has stopped.

Back