• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer EB reading lamp issue

Dino360

Reaction score
City, State
TX-Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie bauer
I have a couple questions concerning the reading laps in my 04 expo. I have 3 dome lights (front, center, and rear). All 3 light up when the door opens or when I rotate the dimmer all the way up. The front light has a left and right that both light up but neither work when I click on the reading light. If I have the door open or the dimmer at the on position, they turn off if I toggle the prospective switch.

The center light console has 1 in the center and a reader light for either side(3 bulbs total). The center light works as described above but neither bulb will work in the 2 reader lamps when the switches are toggled.

All bulbs mentioned are interchangeable and I've already tested to rule out a faulty bulb. Also, there's a plug of some sort that's inside this center dome light. It almost looks like a micro SD slot and it opens. I have no idea what it's for and hope someone might be able to tell me.

I'm thinking maybe the reader lamps operate on a separate fuse but I can't find it listed in my manual.

I'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction.

Thanks

After researching I think I should mention that my garage opener and both vanity sun visor lights are also not working. Tomorrow I will be removing the under dash fuse box to test the #5 battery saver relay.

Back