04 ST Hitch, Nerf Running Board, and Bull Bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 ST Hitch, Nerf Running Board, and Bull Bar

KajunBndit

Reaction score
City, State
Theriot, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004ExplorerSportTrac XLT
It has been awhile since I have been in the forum. I have been working a lot lately offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. I bought a 2004 Sport Trac last May and having a blast driving it. It is 2 wheel drive and I have been thinking about dressing her up. I came in from offshore last week after a 65 days hitch. I have ordered and received a bull bar, running boards, and a hitch. I have installed the hitch already and tomorrow having everything else put on. My truck tires are still factory height and not sure if I want to do the body lift, larger tires yet, still thinking about it. LOL. I do want to add off road lights on it because I do land jobs also, mostly nights. I have been looking @ the ANZO off road lights. They are bright. If someone could tell me how to add pictures to this forum, please let me know.I would be more than happy to show off my ride. I am looking for a camper shell right now but not having any luck with that. I have a fiber glass top on it right now that came with it when I purchased the truck. This truck is going to be fun dressing her up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just put mine back on yesterday. I have it listed for sale for $650 (comes with keys and special clamps). Not too sure I want to sell it though since I just sold my factory folding tonneau cover last week, that and it's impossible to find a cap (especially with keys and clamps). I'll look around and see if I can find one close to you, easier to find caps for ST's in the south for some reason.

It is a really hard piece to find, no doubt. I have seen one in Portland and it happened to be the true blue that I want. If anybody on this site wants to sell one locally to me, please let me know.

I'm on the west side of the Portland area. Man I can't believe you found that cap! I've been looking and have not found that at all! My key words must be wrong, but entering "sport trac" never brought it up...

I just went into Oregon state CL, then went through each region and used key words "sport trac", "sport trac cap" and sport trac camper shell". I didn't go into coastal region or into Washington's CL, probably more up in Washington.

You can also use the All of CL page here...

http://www.adhuntr.com/

Thank you Dakotatrac and Rebel. It is difficult to find one around the South. I may call the person dakotatrac listed to see if he would come down a bit on that shell. I notice the only way I could post pictures on this site is to sign up for the elite. I may do that soon. I got the bull bar put on, the nerf running boards, and the hitch on. looks great. now I need to add running lights on the nerd running boards and some off road lights to the bull bar.

Thank you Dakotatrac and Rebel. It is difficult to find one around the South. I may call the person dakotatrac listed to see if he would come down a bit on that shell. I notice the only way I could post pictures on this site is to sign up for the elite. I may do that soon. I got the bull bar put on, the nerf running boards, and the hitch on. looks great. now I need to add running lights on the nerd running boards and some off road lights to the bull bar.

You can use a site like PhotoBucket to upload pictures. I'm a paid Elite member and use photobucket.

Ditto I use photobucket and I'm elite. Once you upload on photobucket it's as copying the img hyperlink to the right of the photo then paste it here

I am not a elite member as of yet. I have been thinking about joining up though...

photo IMG_0159_zps42385423.jpg

Back