04 XLT 4wd stock 17" offset question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 XLT 4wd stock 17" offset question

jtorlando25

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
I really did not want my first post to be a noob post asking about offsets and wheel fitment BUT I’ve given myself a headache searching through the forums for a straight answer to the question I have.

I have an 04 XLT 4wd with stock 17” wheels. I can’t find a straight answer on the width and offset. From everything I’ve read, I THINK they are 17x7.5 +44

Is that correct??

Next question, 17x8.5 +30…am I a noob for thinking those would fit no problem with the stock tires?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not 100% sure on the stock width or offset, but I know that a 17 x 8.5 with a +30 offset should clear with factory size tires. Hopefully someone can chime in to answer your first question. Good question

I appreciate the response Derek! Just noticed you're from Fredericksburg as well. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at putting a set of ATX 192s on my XLT (black on black) and when I talked to the guys at the shop when getting my tint done, they had that "oh yeah that'll definitely fit!" mentality...regardless of which wheel size or offset I mentioned lol. So I figured I'd do my own research.

The wheel I'm currently obsessing over:
192sb_cat_1.jpg

I appreciate the response Derek! Just noticed you're from Fredericksburg as well. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at putting a set of ATX 192s on my XLT (black on black) and when I talked to the guys at the shop when getting my tint done, they had that "oh yeah that'll definitely fit!" mentality...regardless of which wheel size or offset I mentioned lol. So I figured I'd do my own research.

The wheel I'm currently obsessing over:
192sb_cat_1.jpg
What're the chances?! That is a good looking wheel, not to "spam" or anything but I work for RNR on plank rd if you wanted to pop in the store and ask for me I'll definitely look out for you on pricing. We'll install for free and supply the locks/lugs. Let me know.

What're the chances?! That is a good looking wheel, not to "spam" or anything but I work for RNR on plank rd if you wanted to pop in the store and ask for me I'll definitely look out for you on pricing. We'll install for free and supply the locks/lugs. Let me know.

That's too awesome. You got PM!

Back