05 Explorer AC Problems! Won't Blow out of Vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer AC Problems! Won't Blow out of Vents

Metallicblue68

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 05 Explorer and my AC will not blow out of the vents. When I turn the AC on it will blow out of the vents Cold and Hot. But after just a minute you hear a thud and then the AC blows out of the Floor and Defroster on full blast. After the car is shut off for a bit, everything works again untill you turn it on full blast again. I live in Florida and summer is here and it is stupid hot out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have a vacuum diagram for the AC system?

Does anyone have a vacuum diagram for the AC system?

Do you really mean vacuum diagram that controls the dashboard vents? If so, send "BigRondo" a message. I know he has the vacuum diagram. It is out there in the forum in one of his past posts, but I couldn't find it for you. I have the diagram printed up on paper, but not downloaded to my computer.

Same car, Same problem

Metallicblue68, did you resolve your issues. I too have a 2005 Ford Explorer and just last week it started doing the exact same thing that you have described here. I'm trying to determine if the problem is most likely behind the dash somewhere, or under the hood.

I have this problem too!

I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer (the Explorer's cousin). Mine is doing this too. Did the vacuum fix work? :usa:

I havent found the problem yet. No vacuum leaks under the dash or hood.

This is for those of you still having this problem. My wife couldn't take the heat anymore so I took her explorer to a shop and got it fixed. They replaced a part under the dash, he called it a "linkage"? Parts and labor costs me about $175, well worth it to have a happy wife. Cold air blowing out of the front vents now is great. So, if you cant find a vacuum leak, then maybe you dont have one.

This is for those of you still having this problem. My wife couldn't take the heat anymore so I took her explorer to a shop and got it fixed. They replaced a part under the dash, he called it a "linkage"? Parts and labor costs me about $175, well worth it to have a happy wife. Cold air blowing out of the front vents now is great. So, if you cant find a vacuum leak, then maybe you dont have one.
Does your repair bill have the part number? If so, please share.

Back