05 Explorer HVAC Drawing Available? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer HVAC Drawing Available?

forrge

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer XLT
Getting very little heat from the front vents. Replaced the thermostat a few months ago, and fluid level is OK. Replaced the actuator and checked the re-circulating door and it's working OK. Air comes out of the dash vents, but the flow reduces significantly when changing the temperature to Hot. Thinking it might be a vacuum problem, and would like to see a drawing to check out the vacuum lines.

Update- The is no vacuum in the line to the coolant valve vacuum motor when changing the temperature from hot to cold, so the motor does not move the level.

Getting very little heat from the front vents. Replaced the thermostat a few months ago, and fluid level is OK. Replaced the actuator and checked the re-circulating door and it's working OK. Air comes out of the dash vents, but the flow reduces significantly when changing the temperature to Hot. Thinking it might be a vacuum problem, and would like to see a drawing to check out the vacuum lines.

Update- The is no vacuum in the line to the coolant valve vacuum motor when changing the temperature from hot to cold, so the motor does not move the level.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have the '02 shop manuals and can scan & send the diagrams if you want. Don't know how close they will be to the '05 but should get you started.

Let me know.

Thanks

I would really appreciate the drawings.

Thanks,
George

George, check your PM!

Back