05 Explorer Instrument Cluster wiring diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Explorer Instrument Cluster wiring diagram

dbell525

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer EB
This may sound stupid but I want to defeat the audible beep coming from the cluster. I have intermittent charging system fault message going off extremely frequently. Does someone have a diagram for the cluster connector to help me figure out which one is the tone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This may sound stupid but I want to defeat the audible beep coming from the cluster. I have intermittent charging system fault message going off extremely frequently. Does someone have a diagram for the cluster connector to help me figure out which one is the tone?
The cluster is now a self-contained microprocessor, a computer, if you will), which does not have individually wired inputs anymore. It is controlled digitally through the CAN bus by the PCM. Nearly all the lights in the cluster are LEDs and not replaceble either. I can post Ford's Shop Wiring Diagram of the cluster if you like. It is disappointing. Their aim apparently was to make impossible defeat of any of the features, such as ABS, CEL, etc. lights, as well as perhaps the beeper. imp

I would have thought an 05 was old enough. If you think it's not possible, don't bother.

You need the cluster schematic

It is a speaker on the board and if you snip it it can’t make noise anymore

Just like if you pulled off a stepper motor the tach or speedo would not have something to drive the needle

There is a cluster shop in Flint that can customize anything cluster and they likely know what to do

Someone is sure to have the detail

These were designed and made by Visteon post spinoff but the base board layout was complete likely in the late 90s

Back