'05 Explorer XLT blown head gaskets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'05 Explorer XLT blown head gaskets

WhiteMD

Reaction score
City, State
Prague, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
My name is Mike and I have, for sure, blown the gasket of at least one head. I'm not sure, yet, if there is any other problem but I am still working on getting to the heads. There are a lot of components to remove before I can even start on the valve covers. I don't want to waste the money on a workshop manual if it is not worth saving. However, I am spending a lot of time in the prep/part removal stage because of this. Like always, I am marking/tagging everything and putting all of the bolts back where they came from as I go but the sequence of parts removal is kicking my butt. I start removing a part only to find that I should have removed at least one other part first and now I have to put the bolts back on in order to remove the other parts that should have come first.
My question is: Is there a website that I can go to that has these instructions, for free, to help expedite the completion of parts removal?

You'd be better off spending the $20 (or so) on a Haynes or Chilton manual. They are good starting points and give you the torque information.

I can get you the info from the Ford Factory Service, but first V6 or V8

Hey Explorer04... sorry for the slow response, I didn't think that my post was accepted... I have the 4.0L V6 SOHC with 4WD... thanks for the reply.

Back