• Register Today It's free!

05 pcv = $50?? Wtf???

High_Order1

Reaction score
City, State
near Oak Ridge, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Jack Bauer Edition
In the normal, old, past world, you just shook the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) Valve. You hear the rattle, good to go. Not, you sprayed it full of carb cleaner until it cleaned enough to rattle.

So, my engine *just* passed 100k and I am replacing things now when I have the money and not later when they get me when I am broke.

It's this:

The Service DVD says it is part 6A666 (the hose is 6K817 for completeness, someone may search this one day)

Looking over the net, the Motorcraft pn may be EV268, and the full part number may be 2L5Z6A666BA.​

So, I call the dealership after checking AZ. There apparently are two, but I don't know how far in the model year it breaks. They do want your VIN, so be prewarned.

For one built in April with the VIN code K flex fuel 6 cylinder, it's right at 50 bucks, and is a come-back-in-a-few-days part.

I searched the internet, because this one has an electrical connector, and I found ford now heats these things!! partsman.com had a poster saying it was to keep them from freezing.

I've never paid more than ten for this part, but if it fails, you could pop a gasket somewhere. Anyone source this cheaper????? :rolleyes: :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be interested to know what people say about this, yeah my 04 has 99K miles, I was quoted somewhere around $50 for the PCV also..

50$ is cheap compared to imports.

Pcv

I disagre with cheap compared to imports.
I bought a PCV for my Lexus LS 400 , it cost me $12 .00
$50 for a PCV is way expensive.

Girlfriend's 01 Celica= $3.36 @ Rockauto.com

I'm sure, if you buy a Masarati or a Ducati, your parts will reflect it. But, I bought a soccer mom grocery getter. I still swear, and eventually will prove, that V6 is the same V6 in the mustang and a few other cars. They (Ford) in a climate where some car companies have closed shop or been sold off, can't justify 50 USD for a part with basically two pieces that prolly is hecho en el Mexico anyway...

AHA!!!!

fastpartsnetwork ftw!!!

2L5Z6A666BA $18.00 $0.00 $11.34
Emission system - Pcv valve
Pcv valve, explorer, mountaineer, 4.0l, sohc, w/sport, sport trac 2001 - 2005

Add to Cart Contact Us

Ordering one as we speak. THANKS TO Celly!!!

-Shawn

i got mine on ebay for $13

Order placed. 8 bucks shipping 3 bucks handling... keep y'all in the loop

Pcv

Share with US where you got it this cheap.

Share with US where you got it this cheap.

The link is posted above. Starts with "Fast".

Torrie (the owner) has been servicing the needs of us EF members for years. OEM parts without an OEM price.

well

Finally got back home, and my package was waiting! Unfortunately, it doesnt appear to be the correct part.

I can't see the valve on the vehicle, soon as weather clears me and a mirror or a camera is going in there to compare.

But the picture on the service DVD shows an electrically heated PCV. this one I got has a small metal U tube.

The pn on the box is correct, I am not sure I'll return it. After all the shipping back and forth, it's gonna cost as much as just ordering another. Plus, I got apparently what I asked for, so I don't feel very good about asking for some help locating the correct one... :(

ever onward

Shawn

Try Rockauto.com

Bought mine new there for very cheap.

Hey - the one you got at rockauto? Have a steel u tube, or an electrical conn?

-Shawn

Hey - the one you got at rockauto? Have a steel u tube, or an electrical conn?

-Shawn

whats the year of your truck, engine and trim?

can you post a pic of the part you want?

No the PCV I bought was very small and plastic. It fit right behind drivers side valve cover.
A big black tube is attached to it and then to the intake on the drivers side.

you mean like this?
getimage.php
getimage.php

$50? If i were quoted that much I would have laughed and walked off.

When the #### did they start charging that much?

I got a PCV for my mustang for like under $10 at AdvanceAutoParts last year.

Dude, screw that ****, goto a junkyard man, you'll save TONS of cash.
My mustang is practically rebuilt from nothing but junkyard parts and ive NEVER had anything fail yet.

I would check it out....prolly sell you one for like $5 or $10 if you go yank it out yourself.

trucku -

I see an x, and to the right, the part I got. The part I need, has an electrical connector on it I thought. Its on the service dvd, and I can't run it and this at the same time. Weathers' been crappy and I got behind, so I wasn't able to go out there and try to photograph it. (shrugs) It'll just have to wait.....

1 V8 -

I've talked about it a bunch. I haven't found a single trashed 05 explorer here in east tennessee yet. Not sure I'd take a PCV valve off of it, because that's something I consider consumable, but yeah, I'd pull a buncha other parts off.

-Shawn

getimage.php

55 bucks on rockauto. AIRTEX Part # 6P1299 More Info
(Heated PCV Valve) (w/Harness)

I see why. This is not just piece of plastic with a valve in it.

I see why. This is not just piece of plastic with a valve in it.

yeah, it has a heater in it. looks like it has the same tit as the first one.... still thinking about just using the first part. lol

Back