05 rear windows both.. I'm stumped | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 rear windows both.. I'm stumped

Islandguyhere

Reaction score
City, State
Kihei
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 xlt
Hi all.

So both rear windows don't work. Either from drivers door and on rear doors. Nothing. I got the 05 that way. Trouble shooting all day. took switch panel off drivers door turned over. Front windows work. Power to front window switch.No power to rear windows switch on drivers door. Pulled boot back can't find broken wires.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jay 👍

Have you tried running a wire direct from the battery to the window wiring to verify the motors are good?
I had an issue where I could only get the rear window to only go down but not back up which was do to a broken wire in the driver's door boot. Do you get up/down power right at the back of the driver's switch wiring?
Not sure how often the switch itself goes bad....

Hi all.

So both rear windows don't work. Either from drivers door and on rear doors. Nothing. I got the 05 that way. Trouble shooting all day. took switch panel off drivers door turned over. Front windows work. Power to front window switch.No power to rear windows switch on drivers door. Pulled boot back can't find broken wires.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jay 👍
Nevermind.my lame moment. Started at the drivers door. Both rear buttons were disconnected. Why you may ask? Both sides blown gears. Uhg.lol.

If the a/c still works well, maybe you don't need the rear windows to work.

Back