05 Sport Trac Adrenalin-headlight problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Sport Trac Adrenalin-headlight problem

alvolski73

Reaction score
City, State
Maiden, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Adrenalin
I have an 05 ST Adrenalin 4x4. The headlights just quit working. The auto lights, low beams and high beams all do not work. When I turn the light switch to on, the high beam indicator is on at all times. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the problem? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi neighbor!

Not seen this one before, possibly the multifunction switch though. Lots of tail/turn problems are caused there by wiring harness strain. Turn on the lights and tilt the column up and down to see it that has any effect on the problem.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the reply.

No luck with that. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'm so lost! Can anyone please help? The bulbs are fine, fuses inside and under hood are fine. Don't know what else to check.

Are you any good at electrical diagnosis and have a Volt/Ohm meter and test light? If so I can send the diagnosis procedures for the headlight/Autolamp systems.

Have you had any wiring loose lately? The high beam indicator being on throws a kink into things. Possibly a bad ground.

No sir, no meter. Don't know of any wires being loose.

OK, Look at the fist page of the diagnosis instructions I sent you. There are lots of fuses that have a bearing on the lighting system. Check them and let us know what you find.

Are you in Newton or Maiden?

Edit: Oooops! I sent you 2004 info originally. Scrap it and use the second email I sent.

The wiring harness on the headlights were melted. Whoever had it before me put in those blue bulbs, and they melted the wiring harness. Thank you for all your info.

Back