05 Sport Trac - Cant get PCV grommet in the hole. Any Suggestions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Sport Trac - Cant get PCV grommet in the hole. Any Suggestions?

tntosc8213

Reaction score
City, State
Walhalla
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 sport trac
Im trying to replace a PCV Valve grommet on my 05 Sport Trac but I can't get it to fit in the hole. Ive ordered 4 different ones and although all were different in design they all had the same diameter and thickness. And I haven't been able to get any of them seated. They all seem to be too large. Ive even tried trimming them down.

Can someone who has dealt with this shoot mensome pointers? Thanks

Do you have the original to compare sizing with the others? If they are not the same sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and buy the OE Ford part (F8CZ-2365-AA) that's an EXACT match and guaranteed to fit. (Not Dorman)

Do not attempt to modify or trim to fit. ANY air leak is not good. Lubricate the correct grommet with silicone spray or grease before installing.
Armor All, Windex, or even water will work in a pinch.

I looked up the part number you listed and search results were fore a brake booster check valve. The part I’m having trouble with is the pcv valve hole in the valve cover. From what I can tell the valves are supposed to turn and lock inside the hole but I think the groove in the valve cover must be broke off because it doesn’t lock no matter how much I turn it. Should I replace the valve cover itself?

Oops. No grommet on valve cover, just an o ring on the PCV valve. Only fix is replacing the valve cover or use oil resistant sealant. Good luck.

Back