05 superduty f250 or 05 gmc sierra 2500hd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 superduty f250 or 05 gmc sierra 2500hd

Lefy

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC
i know this is a ford site but lets be inpartial here.

which is the better truck and for what reasons?
my pops is gonna be getting one of the two with the diesel
in the 4dr short bed model. for a tow vehical slash his new toy that he drives around everywhere for work.
and needs to be convinced one way or the other.

the fords gona new coil sprung front suspension wich should be good but what about the gmc?

thoughts comments on each are appreciated.
thanks alot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the isuzu engine in the gm rocks :)

Superduty. It looks better, $5k less MSRP, seats the most, 5 speed tranny, not some crappy ass IFS and so on.

It also has more power. I read somewhere that it also has the best braking in its class.

international cxt :)

Attachments

• CXT-2.gif
    CXT-2.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 209

Thanksgiving week I bought a new '04 F250 QuadCab Diesel, LOVE THIS TRUCK!! I did a lot of looking, Dodge's cummings is a good engine, but the crew cabs don't have as much room as the Fords. My completely loaded Ford was only a little more $ than the stripped Dodge. My nephew is a Diesel mechanic, this year he traded in his Dodge Dually for a Ford F350 Dually. The new Ford diesels are also nice and quiet, and have plenty of torque. I can't say anything about GM, except friends don't let friends drive Chevy's

The Duramax/Allison is a wonderful WONDERFUL combination but the truck is overpriced and looks hideous IMHO (i say this as a GM fan). Sorry, but i just cant get used to the batman frontend on the new GM's. I would go with the Clatterstroke over the Allison based mainly on the truck that it comes in and the fact that you can get the Ford about $8k cheaper than the GM equally equipped.

Back