• Register Today It's free!

05 XLT 4.0 code PO193

Oliver Grey

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NEVADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Alright everyone, I have my 05 4.0 throwing the code PO183. This is characterized by the “Feel temperature sensor a circuit high input”
The service engine soon light is on also.

I had this issue less then 1,000 miles ago when the truck was displaying a PO193 code which is Characterized by “Fuel rail pressure sensor a circuit high input”

I changed the fuel rail pressure sensor, after taking off the intake, I also replaced the stock airfilter with a KN high flow air filter, along with the throttle body and intake gaskets.

I got this Explorer less then a month ago to replace my totaled 04 after a rollover accident, but I’ve had this issue with it every since, when I pearchaced the vehicle I stated putting 91 octain fuel in it...

Basically what could be going on other then the sensor, I believe the connections are solid but I may be mistaken.... any ideas???
Every piece of advise helps, thanks guys.

This is one of the best descriptive Code sites I have found.
Engine Trouble Codes | BestRide.com

A side note, you might want to keep the stock air filter in there until this gets figured out. Sometimes the oil on the aftermarket air filters can coat or interrupt the electronics downstream, thus adding fuel to the fire, so to speak.
Just sayin'

Back