06 AUX install issues U1900 code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 AUX install issues U1900 code

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer V8
Hi everyone - I have a n '06 EB with factory sub and rear seat entertainment system. I bought it last year and it came with an aftermarket Ipod adapter wired in. I don't own an Ipod but my friend gave me her old one to try, the adapter worked okay but not great and didn't have charging capabilities so was pretty much useless. Navigating menus was very clunky and I didn't end up using it much. My in dash cd changer got toasted and I decided since I don't really listen to CDs I'd invest in a Grom Audio USB/Android/Ipod adapter w/ bluetooth. Install was super easy but my radio isn't seeing it, I press the AUX button and it shows I have DVD and AUX but nothing happens while on AUX setting. With the old Ipod adapter, pressing AUX would cycle through AUX, DVD, SAT1, SAT2. I ran self test on the radio and came up with U 1900 BUS RX code. Any ideas?? Gotta decide if I need to uninstall everything and try to get my money back or keep messing with things. I was really hoping to have bluetooth capabilities, my phone has no problem connecting to "GROM CAR" but nothing happens on the radio when it does.

Back