06 explorer drive side headlight not working at all | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 explorer drive side headlight not working at all

biglion

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 2006 sport explor
i had hid kit on 2006 explorer and it worked fine for long time then all of sudden it started to hesitate to come on so i ordered new lights think that was the problem tried new lights and its still not working at all so any help or idea what it could be thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Points to the ballasts , try plugging in a normal hologen bulb if you have an h13 laying around , or just order the new ballast

Points to the ballasts , try plugging in a normal hologen bulb if you have an h13 laying around , or just order the new ballast

yea i got new kit already and it didnt work on that side also

Went through this on my '03 ST....

Check the female pigtail from your truck that would normally plug onto the 9008 lamp bulb. On my truck, one of the three pins/terminals was pushed back and making poor/intermittent contact.

When I was running normal 9007 lamps in my ST (before I figured out the problem), the driver side would occasionally be dim. I could wiggle the wires a little and it would start working fine again for a while. When I changed to HID's, that side would occasionally not work, and until I swapped the passenger side ballast and lamp over I thought it was a bad ballast. Upon closer inspection I found it was one of the terminals in the pigtail was pushed back. If I removed the rubber plug from the back and pushed it forward it would simply get pushed back away as soon as I plugged anything into it. So what I had to do was plug the ballast into it and then push the loose terminal forward so it slid firmly onto the male end coming from the ballast, then slip the rubber plug back into place. Been fine ever since.

Went through this on my '03 ST....

Check the female pigtail from your truck that would normally plug onto the 9008 lamp bulb. On my truck, one of the three pins/terminals was pushed back and making poor/intermittent contact.

When I was running normal 9007 lamps in my ST (before I figured out the problem), the driver side would occasionally be dim. I could wiggle the wires a little and it would start working fine again for a while. When I changed to HID's, that side would occasionally not work, and until I swapped the passenger side ballast and lamp over I thought it was a bad ballast. Upon closer inspection I found it was one of the terminals in the pigtail was pushed back. If I removed the rubber plug from the back and pushed it forward it would simply get pushed back away as soon as I plugged anything into it. So what I had to do was plug the ballast into it and then push the loose terminal forward so it slid firmly onto the male end coming from the ballast, then slip the rubber plug back into place. Been fine ever since.

yea thanks for reply i had my cousin to tell me bout the the pin or metal prong inside ballast and i bend them slightly so far its working and thanks Dead Link Removed

Back