06 explorer help no dash lights and more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 explorer help no dash lights and more

southern safaris

Reaction score
City, State
waurika ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer xlt
So here it goes , I've searched the forum extensively to no avail, so please forgive me if this has been covered and I've missed it but any help would be appreciated. .

Symptoms (and all this happened all at once right after startup)

1: cluster lighting , turn signal indicators, high beam indicators not functioning although indicators and high beams work , in test mode the indicators will illuminate but not in normal operation

2: cruise does not work

3: 4x4 does not work and 4x indicators don't light up

Other interior lights , maps and rear cabin lights function as well as dimmers and dimmer switch

I unplugged cluster and checked connections and reconnected , no change

I have checked all fuses in cab and under the hood associated and not, all checked OK with meter, does not throw codes on my scan tool and I went into technicians mode on messaging center and retrieved codes that I took to dealer that were listed as continuous dtc's dealer said no such codes exist ... I took pictures of these codes on the cluster and they still say they don't mean anything.. they hooked up to there computer and Said nothing is wrong but it locked up there master computer and they had to call tech support to get there machine back online, then sent us on our way with the statement that we will just have to start changing parts... I'm almost at a loss myself now , please any help is greatly appreciated ......any ideas?

Back