06 Explorer rear window replacement questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Explorer rear window replacement questions

mr.explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer
I had to have my rear window replaced because the defogger lines and tabs were broken. I have then since noticed 3 things that I can't remember if they were there before. One being when looking at from the outside, the rear wiper arms looks to be missing a cover. I can see the silver washer now and I can't remember if I used to see it before. I don't think I ever paid attention. I called the place that did the glass and they said it's normal but if in fact I am missing a piece, they will replace. Can someone tell me if theirs has a cover.

Also when looking out the back window form the inside, the bottom middle houses the wiper motor. Is there supposed to be black on the left handside? Almost looks like it's not lined up correctly but on the other hand, I don't see how it could be off.

Again I don't remember if that's the way it look on my last window. I want to say it did, but I can't for the life of me remember for sure.

Thanks in advance for your help! Hopefully my OCD calms down!!

Bill

Your wiper arm mount looks exactly like mine, So I would be inclined to say its correct, as mine is still OEM! As far as the black area on the rear window, mine looks to go all the way around the wiper motor cover. But there appears to be a slight bit more on the left side looking out. It has been my experience that aftermarket non OEM glass can and will have different blacked out areas than the Ford OEM.

Thanks for your help. Is there anyway to remove the "extra" blacked out area? What exactly do they use for the blacked out area?

Back