06" Explorer Shifting Issues (V6 5 Speed) | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

06" Explorer Shifting Issues (V6 5 Speed)

locust43

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Ok so my Explorer has having some bad throttle delay and shifting delay, so I took it to ford and they put on a new "Program" on it and now the shifts are a bit quicker but very very noticable. Someone said I may need to reset the adaptive shift, but I have driven it 55 miles since then and it is still jerky, is there a better program for it I should ask the Ford dealer to put on?
Thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

locust43

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
I have taken it back to the dealer and they have no clue what they are doing. They even thought I had a 4 speed automatic in it.

<

locust43

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Anybody have any insight?

<

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
My 2006 V6 trans shifts smoothly most of the time. The worst is when I accelerate up a hill from a standstill. The one/two shift is fine but the two/three shift is rough and three/four is only a little better.

The dealer replaced my solenoid pack a few months ago, and I guess it will be going back again.

<

beachthug4

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xlt 4x4
I had them do two TSB's for this issue and it seems to be better. I was also having an issue with delayed engagement from park to reverse or drive and they cleaned the trans valve body and replaced a sticking servo

<