• Register Today It's free!

06 Explorer xlt transmission

jeffn84

Reaction score
City, State
Park Hills, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer xlt
I have an 06 XLT 4.0L 286,000 miles it's on its 2nd transmission original motor. I just recently started having hard shifting out of first gear. Engine light is on as well as the wrench light. I scaned the codes and there is a bunch. p0760 p1715 p1716 p0733 p0713 p0735 p0758 p0763 p0732. All pertaining to the transmission. The transmission that's in it was a used one. It has roughly 125,000 miles on the transmission. With all those codes for the transmission I was leaning towards an electrical problem but wanted to see what others thought. At highway speed it shifts fine and downshift fine when at highway speeds and need to accelerate.

Check the connection of the vehicle wire harness to the transmission for corroded or broken pins. It's a common problem due to the a/c condensation drain dripping water directly onto the connector for years.

Check the connection of the vehicle wire harness to the transmission for corroded or broken pins. It's a common problem due to the a/c condensation drain dripping water directly onto the connector for years.
Solenoid control unit went bad and plug had melted.

Back