• Register Today It's free!

06 Mountaineer Lift

JimDuds2

Reaction score
City, State
Berwyn, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mercury Mountaineer
Hey guys, I plan on lifting the ol' lady's 06 Mountaineer with a strut mount spacer kit then possibly go up in tire size to a 31" or 32" Geolander or Mud Terrain T/A. Anyone ever install one of these kits? Will the pcm have too be reflashed to compensate for larger tire so not to cause shift point problems? Any other problems I may run into?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lift

Hey guys, I plan on lifting the ol' lady's 06 Mountaineer with a strut mount spacer kit then possibly go up in tire size to a 31" or 32" Geolander or Mud Terrain T/A. Anyone ever install one of these kits? Will the pcm have too be reflashed to compensate for larger tire so not to cause shift point problems? Any other problems I may run into?

I am interested in doing something similar to my 10. I want to put the 2.5 in front and 1.25 rear leveling kit on and run 265/70/r17 however i would like to know if anything will rub or i will need to off set the wheels. Hopefully someone will reply.

I would love to do the exact opposite... maybe like 1" front and 1.25" rear drop.... lol

I actually have a 2006 Explorer that I just did a leveling kit in the front, I did struts and coils from Rancho, brought it up about 1 3/4". Slapped on some 31" tires with nice 17" rims and 0 offset, I think it came out awesome. You can't really go bigger than 31" tires if you do the lift, these trucks weren't given the wheel well space for big 35's unless you do a crazy negative offset and wheel spacers. As far as shift point problems, I haven't run into any whatsoever

as far as I know you cant lower these trucks... the only options I would go for is stock or drop.... im not to fond of lifted and over size tire trucks.... I was pretty happy the former owner replaced the tires with 235/65/17's... looks way better than the stock 245/75/17's

I would love to do the exact opposite... maybe like 1" front and 1.25" rear drop.... lol

Yikes...

I actually have a 2006 Explorer that I just did a leveling kit in the front, I did struts and coils from Rancho, brought it up about 1 3/4". Slapped on some 31" tires with nice 17" rims and 0 offset, I think it came out awesome. You can't really go bigger than 31" tires if you do the lift, these trucks weren't given the wheel well space for big 35's unless you do a crazy negative offset and wheel spacers. As far as shift point problems, I haven't run into any whatsoever

Slow it down there... When you say 0 offset are you talking about mm as in your actual offset? Or do you mean you have the stock offset?

I'm running 35's with just a 13mm offset.

So, I'm actually in the process of doing this right now. Not sure what your updated status is, but I'm not changing my struts. These are really all you'll need as long as nothing is rusting, and squeaking. Also consider sticking with 255/75r17. They are still around 32" are a little fatter. Take a look.

The Traxda Kit- http://www.amazon.com/Traxda-102010...8&qid=1456207184&sr=8-1&keywords=traxda+06-10

Tire Rack-https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Mud-Terrain+T%2FA+KM&partnum=575QR7MTAKM&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

By the end of this week I will have it complete, and of course i'll post pictures.
lzAkrKP

uZKClP9

Yikes...

Slow it down there... When you say 0 offset are you talking about mm as in your actual offset? Or do you mean you have the stock offset?

got pics of your truck with 35's? i thought you needed a 3" body lift on top of the Traxxas leveling kit to run 35's? Like the Red Iron Man that did it a while back.

Yikes...

0 offset on the new rims, sorry. with the 0 offset it bumped the tires out a little which gave it a nicer look I thought. when I speculated what I wanted to build with the guys at the shop, there wasn't much room to do anything with the fourth gen without major trimming, doing wheel spacers and a body lift. if I knew how to post pictures I would put up one of my truck :(

got pics of your truck with 35's? i thought you needed a 3" body lift on top of the Traxxas leveling kit to run 35's? Like the Red Iron Man that did it a while back.

4th gen pics. If you really wanted to you could put 35's on stock suspension. All depends on how much fab you want to do.

0 offset on the new rims, sorry. with the 0 offset it bumped the tires out a little which gave it a nicer look I thought. when I speculated what I wanted to build with the guys at the shop, there wasn't much room to do anything with the fourth gen without major trimming, doing wheel spacers and a body lift. if I knew how to post pictures I would put up one of my truck :(

Photobucket

Back