07 4.6 4x4 major problems~!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 4.6 4x4 major problems~!!!!

jdtractor

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford sport trac 4.6
just picked my sport trac up have a random misfire code throwed and a number 7 misfire only one speaker plays in the back passenger door, the back turn single and brake light is out on the drive side, and back window doesnt role down also the heater doesnt blow hot only cold air lol. did i screw up or did i just score? paid 10,000 for it with 63,000 miles. But in my defense only problem i knew was wrong was the misfire discovered everything else later lol. Also the door lock and key pad doesnt work either? Thanks in advance and thank you for letting me joing this forum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, sounds like you got a bad lemon. What in the world did the previous owner do to your truck?!?

From what the dad told me he left the windows down and it poured rain all on the inside. Truck runs great needs a coil pack on number 7 about to go put it on now. But the eltrical is the worst part lol. So something got wet it shouldnt have.

here is a list of the problems, airbag light is on not flashing a code its just on, rear window will not role down, the a/c button doesnt work, hard acceleration causes the traction control to come on and you cant cut it back off unless you cut the truck off and turn it back on, and the door lock buttons do not work and the front 2 door locks will not push down and the heater doesnt work, i figured the heater problem out and the tail light problem out so those are good to go, 4x4 works great locks into 4x4 low perfect the over drive works aswell too. runs good shifts good. its heading to the ford place today and im just going to leave it with them and let them give me the low down on it. ill keep you up to date on what they tell me. truck only has 63,000 miles on it but i guess leaving the windows down doesnt help them lol.

I would start by replacing every module, sounds like flood damage to me.

yeah the guys son claims he left the windows down during an extremly bad rain, im thinking he probably sunk it considering you dont have to get those trucks to deep for the water to flood into the truck. If worst comes to worse i paid 4,500 below blue book on fair condition ill just send it to the auction and get my money back lol. But the ford place has it now so hopfully they will let me know something by today or tomorrow on what im looking at.

ford man called me today said something about the master junction box needs to be replaced so told him to go for it, and we would go from there on what all that fixes. I told him about the story the guy told me about the windows being left down during a bad rain storm and he told me that he could tell some of the stuff did get wet in the truck dealing with the wiring but all of it didnt appear to have gotten wet, so maybe the boy was telling the truth, or maybe he did sink it i dont know im going to try and do what i can to straighten it out, if it gets to much of a head ache ill sell it off and buy me another one just like it lol. less all the problems ofcourse :D

Good update. When I think "master junction box", I think of the one under the hood, on the driver side wheel well ahead of the brake booster. Which doesn't care if the trucks windows are up or down. So maybe they are talking about the smaller fuse box near the brake pedal.

Maybe he said the smart junction box, cant remember right off got it wrote down, I wish i would have left the truck sitting where it was at, couple of the problems are known problems for fords, like the ticking when its cold is the manifold ofcourse, and the heat not working is that control box behind the dash forgot the name of it, im going to replace that myself the manifold ill worry about later, just hoping i can get the eltronics fixed right now then i may just send it to the auction lol. Sad the truck only has 63,000 miles and so many problems.

smart junction block. new a/c button new blend door acuator, new speakers, both front door lock accuators, key pad still doesnt work, nor does the back window, pulled all the interior out everything but the dash found where someone "jumped" the fuel cut off switch, and cut some wires and left the naked under the console, total cost so far about 1,400 called the guy i purchased it from told him either he was going to pay to have the cut wires and jumped wires fixed or i would see him in court! he said he would help fix it but he sold it as is, when i told him my good friend was a lawyer and it didnt fall under as is but under deception act he nearly crapped hisself and aggreed that i would take it to the ford place monday and he would pay to have it done, im honestly supprised this truck didnt catch on fire. And im pretty sure its a felony to tamper with the fuel cut off switch because that is a safety feature.

anyone have any clue about the wires that run under the center console and what they go to? i can take pics and tell you the colors but i have no clue on this planet what they function, i installed all new speakers and door lock acuators today and the blend door accuator. Takeing it back to ford monday just curious to know what they could possibly run?

Back