• Register Today It's free!

07 Dual Climate issues

wmcclendon

Reaction score
City, State
ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
I tired this in the AC forum, but no replies so far. Wasn't sure if it should be here or there:

New here, but I have a problem and from my searching on your forum, I see that you guys have all of the answers!

I have an 07 Sport Trac with the dual zone digital climate control. While riding with the AC on, everything works fine for a little while and then I'll hear a creaking under that dash and at that point, the passenger side switches to full heat. Needless to say, my wife isn't appreciating this as I'm nice and cool and she's baking on her side.

I'm assuming the creaking is a blend door, but what's making it do this and what do I need to do to fix the situation?

We're planning a vacation soon and it will involve a long drive and I'd rather not have this issue effecting the mood in the car. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a ton!
William

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody???

Anyone know of a schematic of the system so I might be able to determine the issue?

Thanks!

Yours is very similar or the same as the 3rd gens. You should find posts on the blend door issues. . .Its most likely something called an actuator, since its dual there will be two.
I have the FSM for an '10 i'll see and check it when i get home. . .assuming '07-'10's are the same.

I'm guessing control panel since it's also switching to heat. Take it to a Ford dealer. Sorry, that's all I got.

Needless to say, my wife isn't appreciating this as I'm nice and cool and she's baking on her side.
Well, I did think of this:

Thanks guys, I'll start looking into those things.

I tired this in the AC forum, but no replies so far. Wasn't sure if it should be here or there:

New here, but I have a problem and from my searching on your forum, I see that you guys have all of the answers!

I have an 07 Sport Trac with the dual zone digital climate control. While riding with the AC on, everything works fine for a little while and then I'll hear a creaking under that dash and at that point, the passenger side switches to full heat. Needless to say, my wife isn't appreciating this as I'm nice and cool and she's baking on her side.

I'm assuming the creaking is a blend door, but what's making it do this and what do I need to do to fix the situation?

We're planning a vacation soon and it will involve a long drive and I'd rather not have this issue effecting the mood in the car. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a ton!
William

Thanks a ton!
William
same issue did you find a solution.? Mine does the same thing in the summer ,and in winter, with heat on, driver is heated and cold on passenger side, without even using the dual controls.

Back