07 explorer sport trac airbag light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 explorer sport trac airbag light

Nicole1103

Reaction score
City, State
Marion, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 explorer sporttrac xlt
Sometimes when I start my 07 sport trac up the airbag light will come on but I can restart it and the light come off. I noticed today though that while the light is on the seatbelt won't ding when I ain't buckled.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tough one. you can get a hold of a code reader that reads RSC codes. I bough myself a ELM327 adapter that does MS and HS can bus and downloaded a copy of forscan for my wifes escape. You can set up pids on there to read the resistance of all the circuits in the system or any other feedback. Her passenger side curtain bag was floating back and forth between 2 ohms and 3 ohms, telling me the connector was probably loose or dirty. haven't got around to pulling it apart yet. If it sounds like to much your best bet is to take it in to a shop for a service.

This happened to me, It turned out it was my battery. I would get it tested at a auto parts store, many of them will do the test for free. New battery no more air bag light.

u can turn the driver seat belt alarm off and on. there is a series of step involving the key buckling / unbuckling.

do you have anything under your seats? they can hit and jiggle the wires loose for part of the air bag system. had it happen to me.

u can turn the driver seat belt alarm off and on. there is a series of step involving the key buckling / unbuckling.

do you have anything under your seats? they can hit and jiggle the wires loose for part of the air bag system. had it happen to me.

Another possibility is a loose connector on the passenger airbag indicator in the center dash. Or the indicator is bad. Easy to get to. Have had 2 Fords toss the blinky airbag problem indicator because of this.

Back