• Register Today It's free!

07 Sport Track Suspension Rebuild

jseen

Reaction score
City, State
Norman
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
I recently bought an 07 Sport Trac 4.6L V8 with 132k miles.

So far great truck (of course a few issues). When changing the fluids and doing the typical maintenance after buying a used vehicle, I noticed the ball joints were ripped and Upper Control arm bushings were shot. Looking to do a near complete front suspension rebuild.

Wondering if I should go with motorcraft or should I go MOOG? I've seen that recently MOOG has gone down in quality. The prices are too different ($1k for motorcraft vs. $800 for MOOG).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

imo, the american made moog stuff is still good, just the elsewhere made moog. check where its made. MC is best, but for that price, moog if its american, if not, not too sure

imo, the american made moog stuff is still good, just the elsewhere made moog. check where its made. MC is best, but for that price, moog if its american, if not, not too sure
after looking more into it, I can only find MOOG "RK" line not the 'CK" line for my truck. So I cannot even find "problem solver" line of MOOG for my truck.
Unfortunately, I think I'll be going with motorcraft (wish they had zerk joints though.

after looking more into it, I can only find MOOG "RK" line not the 'CK" line for my truck. So I cannot even find "problem solver" line of MOOG for my truck.
Unfortunately, I think I'll be going with motorcraft (wish they had zerk joints though.
have you checked rockayro? usually they got better pricing. are you planningto just teplace bushings or the entire uca and lca?

I recently bought an 07 Sport Trac 4.6L V8 with 132k miles.

So far great truck (of course a few issues). When changing the fluids and doing the typical maintenance after buying a used vehicle, I noticed the ball joints were ripped and Upper Control arm bushings were shot. Looking to do a near complete front suspension rebuild.

Wondering if I should go with motorcraft or should I go MOOG? I've seen that recently MOOG has gone down in quality. The prices are too different ($1k for motorcraft vs. $800 for MOOG).
Mine Moog upper control arms lasted about 1 year or 10000 miles(torqued and assemled to specs with the weight of the car on the ground and almost zero offroad).the replacement bushings lasted about the same time until btf UCA installed .

The Moog or almost all the suspension spare parts on rockauto are chinese.

Anyways
Whatever you deside.non servicable suspension factory press fit parts (like balljoints or control arms bushings) needs to be pressed and glued with bushing retainers like an a loctite 638 or so

The Moog problem solver balljoint stupid press fit dust cover design makes me sick lol

have you checked rockayro? usually they got better pricing. are you planningto just teplace bushings or the entire uca and lca?
I looked into pressing in new bushings and ball joints, but they would total about $150 each UCA, which costs about $150 anyway.

I have checked Rockauto. They do have some nice prices. Even for the motorcraft parts.

Mine Moog upper control arms lasted about 1 year or 10000 miles(torqued and assemled to specs with the weight of the car on the ground and almost zero offroad).the replacement bushings lasted about the same time until btf UCA installed .

The Moog or almost all the suspension spare parts on rockauto are chinese.

Anyways
Whatever you deside.non servicable suspension factory press fit parts (like balljoints or control arms bushings) needs to be pressed and glued with bushing retainers like an a loctite 638 or so

The Moog problem solver balljoint stupid press fit dust cover design makes me sick lol
Did you get the RK or CK (budget vs. problem solver) MOOG parts?

rockauto has motorcraft parts on their site (I know some of their parts are made in china now). I'll probably be going with motorcraft UCA ultimately. The previous ones lasted 132k miles.

It was the moog problem solver line.
Motorcraft dont have separately sold upper control arm bushings.

Ended with ordered and installed BTF Fab uniball polybushing UCAs since they are super reliable (especially for the lifted trucks) and easy to service parts.

By the way
None of the motorcraft explorer gen4 suspension parts made in china as far as i know (if the hub bearings not counted as a suspension component)

The balljoints made in korea and the UCAs made in USA.they will last at least 100k miles (regular service)

Nor the Delphi,Dorman ,Ultra power (or whatever rockauto home brand called) or Moog junk.

Back