'07 ST Ltd Driver's Heated Seat and Keyless Entry Pad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'07 ST Ltd Driver's Heated Seat and Keyless Entry Pad

McCart13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 SportTrac
Hey, all...

I've got an '07 Limited and LOVE IT. Bought it with 16 miles on it and just rolled over 84K. But, about a month ago, it started having a couple little issues, at the same time:

Driver's side heated seat won't heat up (indicator light on dash still works and passenger's seat working properly)

&

Keyless entry pad not working -- not with custom code or default / pre-loaded code.

Not being terribly mechanically inclined, I did check all fuses, HOPING that it I might stumble upon the problem, and it be an easy fix. No such luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance.

~Michael

Heated seat-

I used to be part of an acura forum and there was a sticky Heated Seat INOP. Basically there is a wire that brings electricity to the heating pad in the seat. The wire was routed from underneath the seat, up the seat rail, and between the back of the seat and the part of the seat where your butt rests. The same place where coins get stuck. Over the years the wire flexes and finally wears out. Having a bulky wallet will help wear the wire out faster.
The fix was to remove the seat cover and repair or replace the wire. I'd bring it to an auto-upholstery shop as the dealer will change out the ass and its a huge pain to remove and replace the seat cover.

I know its not our car, but it might point you in the right direction.
Link to DIY

Back