'07 v8 4x4 Transmission Leak - Wiring harness? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'07 v8 4x4 Transmission Leak - Wiring harness?

ttbit

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 ST 5.0 sold
'07 ST8
Anyone run into this one yet? I have been driving my v8 swapped '01 for a few weeks and when parking it today I noticed what looked to be red fluid on the floor next to it. Sure enough, the '07 must have been pissed that I haven't been driving it. It smelled like oil or something was burning off right after I got it back from the dealer from an oil change I had done a month or so ago. I assumed they made a mess, but maybe it was this!

Looks like it is coming from the harness connector. I have the extended warranty, so I assume this is covered. Guess I'll make an appt and drive it in. Probably only lost 1/2 pint or less so far...Unless it has been leaking for a long time and slowly burning off. Guess i'll have them fix the blend door too, while it is in there.

Attachments

• transleak.jpg
    transleak.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 177

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So...while I am having another conversation with myself on this forum, I thought I would mention that everything was covered under my esp, however, after looking closely at the invoice, they put LV instead of SP Mercon in. I called them and later in the day they said, yep. Wrong fluid. I guess they are going to drop the valve body to try and get all the fluid out. They never called back to schedule a time, so... I am now driving it with the wrong fluid. Yipppeee.

If I end up with an import next time, it will be strictly due to bad Ford service and customer service. I like my Fords, but, I am not approaching 50 and am not going to be working on my own vehicles and keeping up with all of this information to teach these local techs for the rest of my life.

So...while I am having another conversation with myself on this forum, I thought I would mention that everything was covered under my esp, however, after looking closely at the invoice, they put LV instead of SP Mercon in. I called them and later in the day they said, yep. Wrong fluid. I guess they are going to drop the valve body to try and get all the fluid out. They never called back to schedule a time, so... I am now driving it with the wrong fluid. Yipppeee.

If I end up with an import next time, it will be strictly due to bad Ford service and customer service. I like my Fords, but, I am not approaching 50 and am not going to be working on my own vehicles and keeping up with all of this information to teach these local techs for the rest of my life.

If your 6R60 is anything like mine it really likes the Mercon LV. I had pan drop and fluid changed to Mercon LV over 2 years ago. Immediately after and ever since the transmission is behaving better than ever before.

If your 6R60 is anything like mine it really likes the Mercon LV. I had pan drop and fluid changed to Mercon LV over 2 years ago. Immediately after and ever since the transmission is behaving better than ever before.

Interesting. It did seem to shift a little "firmer" with the LV. They ended up swapping out the fluid. There is a lot of talk about my version of the 6r60 needing SP. What year is your vehicle??

Interesting. It did seem to shift a little "firmer" with the LV. They ended up swapping out the fluid. There is a lot of talk about my version of the 6r60 needing SP. What year is your vehicle??

Mine is early 2006. (Bought it in November 2005.)

Back