08 limited v8 275/65/R18?

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Just curious if anyone with a heavy V8 4th generation like mine is running 275/65/R18s? I've seen a few members with v6s pulling it off, but the v8 option tends to make the front end sit a little lower.

My rig is on factory 18" limited wheels. No lift, no spacers.

The Tacoma calculator shows this tire as 1.03" (3.3%) taller, and .79"(7.8%) wider than the factory 20" optional wheels.

I'm not a wheel guy. So any expert opinions much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess its worth mentioning that this is for a super cheap lightly used hakkapeliitta 9s. No off road use expected. Just normal driving.

I've got 265/70/17 on mine, and they're pretty meaty, no lift spacers, either. Not so sure a 275/75 wouldn't rub at full lock or extreme compression. You say you don't plan to off road though so that may get ya by.
Edit; my wheels are Motegi, but are stock offset & backspace, however.

0Goh4Cd.jpg

eOFaz37.jpg

Sounds like a meaty tire to me. It's not what you're looking for, but maybe it might help, I have 255/60R19s on my 08 4.6L V8 Limited.

120195849_10164037839640585_1142664126742378185_o.jpg

Thanks for the posts guys,

I think that they would likely fit, but rub at high wheel angles. I'm going to skip it.

My wife decided that she was going to put my normal set of winter tires on the other explorer we own, so I have been all seasoning it around all winter. it works, but I miss the confidence of a high end studded winter tire, and at $500 for the set of these it looks like a good option lol. I might just take the bullet and go buy another set for this truck.

Thanks again.

I ran 275/65R18 on an otherwise stock V8 truck for a few months before my Truxxx lift and 1.5" wheel spacers. This was on the factory 18" limited wheels as well. Was super tight in the front, like less than an inch from sidewall to control arm. Was a bit nervous about clearance but there was never any contact driving on paved or dirt roads. Did have some rub at full lock though. Manageable but worth noting. I'm actually running Hakka R3s now in the same size... Such good tires, 500 bucks is a steal!

Back