09 Sport Trac Sunroof Leak/Drain Tubes? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

09 Sport Trac Sunroof Leak/Drain Tubes?

chriswh86

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Hi all,

Just wondering where the drain tubes are located at the sunroof in an 09 sport trac? Also, where do the sunroof drain(s) end up draining out from?

I can see water dripping in when it rans in the left rear corner of the sunroof seal but cant tell where it drains out to.

Also, I have been having water dripping out from the panel above the rear view mirror. The panel that controls the sunroof/rear window and map lights. Usually happens when the nose is lower than the rear if I remember correctly. Seems like a weird place to leak from but its annoying, could this be plugged sunroof drain tubes?

It happened pretty early in the life of my explorer and I had originally thought it was the 3rd brake light leaking but now I am not sure. I know the sunroof seal is leaking so..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This question has come up before. Do a search on it. My recollection is that the drain tubes plug up and need to be blown out. If you open the roof and get up on top, you can probably see where the drain holes are.

In most cases the tubes are clear, it's the design of the roof and the moon roof tray that allows the water to come thru the lights. Somebody here has a fix for the that.

Thanks, I will have a look and see if I can find it. Do you recall if it was in this section of the forums or another?

Cheers!
Chris,

sometimes the hose comes off the drain for the sunroof, drop the headliner on passenger side front and you should be able to put the hose back on and clamp it.

Back