1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

also waiting; I emailed them a question over a month ago and never heard back. Regarding the reported concerns, I am running the DD tune and haven't had the idle nor the wot issues others have reported.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a response saying last Monday, then later in the week that it still needed a bit of tweaks and it would be out Friday...now it's Sunday :(

The WOT thing is what bugs me the most...i find that a few seconds of patience when i kick it in gear solves the idle issue, but the truck falling on it's face when i go to pass someone is not cool.....and not safe.

Isn't Ken a pilot and does the tuning part time or when not committed to traveling?

Guys, it sounds like Ken is very close to releasing an update, he hasn't forgotten about us.

I heard from Ken also and we will have another upgrade very soon.

So anyone get their update this weekend?

So anyone get their update this weekend?

I didn't get it yet. I switched to the 93 DD tune and it's performing much better than the SS in these temps.

I'm back to stock and it feels better then the SS did in these cooler temps...that surging was killing my passing ability

Just curious, is everyone who is having the issue also on the new plugs from Ford? The old ones were all over the place but the new ones are all preset to .30 and they started using them at some point in 2013. I'm wondering if the problem is the new plug?

Evil, I'm on the stock plugs, all gapped down to .28. Same as Brunt182, mine actually feels better stock than with the 93SS in temps below 50F. The 93DD tune seems a lot better, but there's definitely something in the tune that doesn't like cooler ambient temps.

same here, gapped all mine down so thats not the issue. Ken said he has tested the fix and for this and it worked, just waiting for it to roll out....

same here, gapped all mine down so thats not the issue. Ken said he has tested the fix and for this and it worked, just waiting for it to roll out....

Everyone should have gotten an email about 15 minutes ago but wanted to post here in case some got caught in spam filters. Updates are ready, just plug and and hit Update tuner.

Now that this is hopefully behind us, we can get back to performance upgrades with transmision stuff being my focus. I have something for release but didn't want to release something new right on top of a 'fix'.

Sorry that you guys had issues, but this is the nature of a new platform. Even though Ecoboost has been out for some time, things change and some stuff trip us up at times. This one was fairly difficult to troubleshoot but I'm confident this will fix everyone's issues.

Just a quick update... I updated my car with the tune and did some tests. The new tune seems to make the issues significantly worse. The car is much less drivable in this condition. Under full acceleration, there is a large amount of stuttering, and around 5.5k rpms, the car just hangs onto the gear, refusing to shift. This happens in multiple gears. The power only feels about halfway there. Under half acceleration, everything feels fine.

Hopefully this helps. Again, I would say it's strongly related to the cold temperatures.

Thanks for the update. Are your plugs stock or did you gap them down?

If you would like, you can plug back in and revert to the old file for now while I look into it. I have heard this issue from a few others. But I have also heard from people that said their Explorer runs perfectly now.

The ones who said it runs perfectly, all have the plugs gapped down, as do I. So the changes I made could now be causing spark blowout.

I don't expect people to gap plugs down on the 93 tune, so if this is the case I will have to back the boost off some on the 93 tune. Please let me know if yours are gapped down or not and we will go from there.

Sorry about the issues.

Thanks for the update. Are your plugs stock or did you gap them down?

If you would like, you can plug back in and revert to the old file for now while I look into it. I have heard this issue from a few others. But I have also heard from people that said their Explorer runs perfectly now.

The ones who said it runs perfectly, all have the plugs gapped down, as do I. So the changes I made could now be causing spark blowout.

I don't expect people to gap plugs down on the 93 tune, so if this is the case I will have to back the boost off some on the 93 tune. Please let me know if yours are gapped down or not and we will go from there.

Sorry about the issues.

Hi Ken,
No worries. Issues happen and I am glad to see you're on top of it.

I do not have my plugs gapped down. And to confirm, I am running the 93 tune.

As mentioned, the car was phenomenal the other day, when temps were in the 60's & 70's. As soon as temps dip below 60 degrees, the car struggles.

Thanks.

Hi Ken,
No worries. Issues happen and I am glad to see you're on top of it.

I do not have my plugs gapped down. And to confirm, I am running the 93 tune.

As mentioned, the car was phenomenal the other day, when temps were in the 60's & 70's. As soon as temps dip below 60 degrees, the car struggles.

Thanks.

I'm leaning toward it being too much boost on the regular 93 tune with stock gapped plugs.

I will post up when I know more. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my input and question: I am using the 93 DD tune and do NOT plan on gapping the plugs. Should I wait to install this new update or try it and see the results? It is getting colder here in Germany.

Back