1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Thanks Ken - will have to practice, just like with our CCL etc... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested in this kick out of gear thing during the 1-2 shift. I'm running the 93 pref tune from Livernois and this happened to me in sand mode also. I never tried sand mode in stock tune so don't know if its in the tune or somewhere else. I put in an email to Rick at Livernois and he forwarded it to thier tuner but havent heard back yet.

I'm interested in this kick out of gear thing during the 1-2 shift. I'm running the 93 pref tune from Livernois and this happened to me in sand mode also. I never tried sand mode in stock tune so don't know if its in the tune or somewhere else. I put in an email to Rick at Livernois and he forwarded it to thier tuner but havent heard back yet.

On a related note ; Today was apparent Rick's last day at Livernois per an announcement he made over on EB Forum.
He was very active and surely missed.

Well thats not good news. I hope someone is looking into the issue.

I got my car last night finally... Holy crap this thing has some serious torque management! I can't wait to get a tune in her!

Keep us posted, Ken.. Our sport should be here in about a month. Hopefully by then you will be shipping out tunes..

Thanks,

I definitely need a tune asap!

Bump for some news.. :)

in for updates.. hows the off road exhaust and down pipes coming along??

Same here, money is burning a hole in my pocket...

:popcorn:

any updates? is the tune available yet?

I don't see anything on the lund racing site yet. :(

Is Sand mode setting fine for daily driving? What changes when this setting is switched?

Edit: search is my friend...found the info on sand mode.

any updates? is the tune available yet?

I don't see anything on the lund racing site yet. :(

Is Sand mode setting fine for daily driving? What changes when this setting is switched?

Edit: search is my friend...found the info on sand mode.

Not yet, still working on some of the shifting. But I have been driving around my tune for quite awhile. I decided to go back to stock for a bit to see the difference and on the stock tune now, my Explorer seems broken! Slow, poor shifting, not enough power. So that was a nice test to see how much I was really liking the tune. We hope to release the tuning soon, but want to make sure it's as perfect as possible. I wouldn't use sand mode all the time.

Here are some newer pics of my car (from my phone) with the black wheels and handles.

IMG_20130526_203000.jpg

IMG_20130526_202908.jpg

IMG_20130526_202759.jpg

Sick, murdered out isn't usually my thing but yours looks nice.

I feel the same way about the stock tune in the sport, trans feels so sloppy and always hunting for a gear. Looking forward to a possible release date. Any update on the dyno numbers yet???

very interested to hear some more 1/4 mile times with a couple more mods!

i see a 12.X @ 104+ with off road down pipe and meth... Just my prediction..

I feel the same way about the stock tune in the sport, trans feels so sloppy and always hunting for a gear. Looking forward to a possible release date. Any update on the dyno numbers yet???

No, still haven't gotten it on the dyno, all street tuning. Once I figure out a few transmission things that are bugging me, I'll get it on the dyno. We just sent out 5 tuners to beta testers in the meantime.

Ken, will there be any self adjustments we can make like with the previous tuners I've used?

like with shift pressure or rpm max, or ????
(and of course removing the speed limiter so we can use the z rated tires we get :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ken, will there be any self adjustments we can make like with the previous tuners I've used?

like with shift pressure or rpm max, or ????
(and of course removing the speed limiter so we can use the z rated tires we get :) )

No sorry. On Ecoboost, no user options. Speed limiter will be removed on all tunes.

Back