1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

I got an email response from a "Greg K" there about a month ago, pretty much saying they are busy with racing season and that they would send the normal mass email out when there is a update....pretty much telling me to just wait and they'll get back to us.

The lack of any kind of proactive updates is a bit disheartening since a lot of us expected more frequent updates to the tune.

Yeah that sounds about right from them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like the SS tune should be released pretty soon, sit tight and be rewarded!

Livernois actually sends out regular updates. I definitely made the wrong choice going with lund.

Livernois actually sends out regular updates. I definitely made the wrong choice going with lund.

I tried both, the Lund 93 tune is stronger than the LMS 93 3 bar tune. The Lund made more boost in 1st gear and was more responsive. I'm guessing LMS keeps more of the torque reduction and boost limiters in place.

I was testing the revised SS tune, but it's still having some issues. I just don't know if more can be done on the 2 bar sensor over their 93 tune. the improved shifting would be nice on it's own even if more power can't be pushed as is.

I was testing the revised SS tune, but it's still having some issues. I just don't know if more can be done on the 2 bar sensor over their 93 tune. the improved shifting would be nice on it's own even if more power can't be pushed as is.

Looks like LMS has got it figured out. They've been pushing the 3 bar for some time, now they've been pushing updates out for more HP and shifting.

I hear a lot of talk from Livernois owners but haven't seen many great time slips so I take it with a grain of salt. I don't think it's a problem with figuring out the 3 bar, it's about trying to get as much as you can on the 2 bar.

Ken was trying to push the most out of the 2 bar setup since a lot of people don't want to go in and change anything else. I know he's still working on it, but I think it's hard to get a canned tune that will give everyone the most and still be safe.

I'm going to still sit back and wait and see before jumping to any other tune since I've got enough tied up in this.

The 93 tune is still a pretty good tune overall and with a few tweaks is a solid daily driver setup. If I was going to look else where it would be Torrie/Unleashed since they are doing custom scan based tunes.

If anyone in the NoVA/DC/MD area has a livernois tune and would like to do some heads up testing i'm all for it :)

I hear a lot of talk from Livernois owners but haven't seen many great time slips so I take it with a grain of salt. I don't think it's a problem with figuring out the 3 bar, it's about trying to get as much as you can on the 2 bar.

Ken was trying to push the most out of the 2 bar setup since a lot of people don't want to go in and change anything else. I know he's still working on it, but I think it's hard to get a canned tune that will give everyone the most and still be safe.

I'm going to still sit back and wait and see before jumping to any other tune since I've got enough tied up in this.

The 93 tune is still a pretty good tune overall and with a few tweaks is a solid daily driver setup. If I was going to look else where it would be Torrie/Unleashed since they are doing custom scan based tunes.

If anyone in the NoVA/DC/MD area has a livernois tune and would like to do some heads up testing i'm all for it :)

It's currently about getting the most out of the high pressure fuel pump. You overrun it with a 2 bar sensor and just a tune in cold weather, so a 3 bar doesn't do any good until there is fueling to support more power.

Wondering which path most will take though, increasing the fuel pump or using methanol injection.

How much boost are you pushing with the high boost tune?

Wondering which path most will take though, increasing the fuel pump or using methanol injection.

How much boost are you pushing with the high boost tune?

The fuel pump is currently a dead end. The camshaft lift on the pump driving lobe must be increased as it sits, and most people will not want to swap a cam for more fueling. Meth injection or a very expensive custom pump are the options and neither exist currently for the truck.

I was seeing 12-14 psi with a peak of 16 psi on the high boost v2 tune, and now on the v3 I see 11-12 psi with a peak of 13.

The fuel pump is currently a dead end. The camshaft lift on the pump driving lobe must be increased as it sits, and most people will not want to swap a cam for more fueling. Meth injection or a very expensive custom pump are the options and neither exist currently for the truck.

I was seeing 12-14 psi with a peak of 16 psi on the high boost v2 tune, and now on the v3 I see 11-12 psi with a peak of 13.

I know alot of BMW guys are getting more out of their high pressure pump by upgrading the intank feed pump and then increasing the actual low pressure. Apparently this makes the high pressure pump able to push mush more fuel. I wonder if this would work on the EB.

The SS tune i've been testing is pretty much 15.2 with a peak of mid 16's which may just be a sensor anomaly.

Going to go back to the 93 tune and run some scans there. Don't know the boost numbers on that yet since i just got the scanner.

With more boost, there is less timing advance. I think a major change in the LMS v3 tune is that they are running a more aggressive timing map with less boost to make the same or better power with better consistency and a better seat of the pants feel.

How are you guys dealing with the extreme wheel hop on the 1-2 shift? I can't imagine more power than I'm getting already without something breaking on that shift. I've actually laid off pushing it hard at all in 1st till this is resolved...

Wheel hop normally isn't that bad in mine unless it's in sand mode, which i just don't do anymore. The only real fix i can think of right now without a suspension overhaul is to either let off on the shift a little or allow the torque management to remain and do its job.

Yeah I'm hoping these Megan Coilovers we've been waiting on will help the issue. They seemed to be the answer for the SHO and Flex guys.

If I just floor it off the line I get a slight shudder on the shift.

Sand mode: its a pretty big shudder.
Regular mode, power boost to 2.2k: its a pretty big shudder.
Sand mode, power boost to 2.2k: earth shattering.

If we could get the wheel hop gone, with a solid boosted sand mode launch we would have some crazy track times.

Whats your best 1/4 times?

Im just wondering what you guys with a tune and whatever else have run in the 1/4.
Ive drag raced for a long time so i know how to get boost up and i have a Livernois tune and CAI and from some of the times i remember my Explorer doesn't make near the power it should for a 93 octane tune and CAI.
I cant find my best time slip but it was around 13.80, it was cool/dry air and traction was perfect and ive seen some post 13.40 times with similar mods , thats a BIG HP difference, so this is why i would like to know some of your mods and 1/4 times, Thanks

I haven't run mine yet, but I have heard that getting the start correct is especially important with the Ex. People have been running it in Sand Mode for extra pull. Wheel hop seemed to be an issue if you started around 2 grand. As I said, this is just what I have heard, I haven't run it yet.

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran a 13.46@105 with the v2. I haven't been able to touch that on the v3. Best mph on v3 was like 102. Et was like 13.6, 13.8, 13.9...better driving tune but definitely not faster

Back