1/4 mile tracks in Florida | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 mile tracks in Florida

Hey guys i have this car club here in Panama City, Florida and me and my friends were trying to find a track close by. The closest track her is Power House Drag Strip but its only an 8th of a mile. I thought this place close to Pensacola was 1/4 but it turned out to be an 8th mile also. So any people know of any 1/4 mile tracks please let me know. thanks guys a gals

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I go to Morroso Speedway. I live in Boca Raton and our Lake House is in Lake Placid, the track is smack dead in the middle, about an hour or so from either place. They also measure 1/4 mile, I don't know why so many places only run 1/8 times as almost everybody doesn't want to run 1/8's, the guys on stangnet that have to use those tracks hate them.

It's a tight track, they have awsome runs down there, and it's always crazy as hell.

Not sure if you want to drive there from Panama city though:D

:bounce: i live in sarasot fl we have a 1/4 about 5 miles south of us.
desoto speedway.
this may be to far for you.

I just started school at Florida State (Tallahassee), so I'm still trying to learn Florida's geography......Where is Boca Raton?

Boca Raton - below west palm beach, not too far north of Miami. Orlando is about 4.5hrs or so from tally, and Boca is a little over 3 hrs from orlando..its not real close lol.

Gainesville has a 1/4 track, not sure how hard it is to run there or anything. We have on here in Orlando too (Bithlo technically)

Thanks for the info. A 1/4 mile at Gainsville, huh? I might have to check that out...

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
I don't know why so many places only run 1/8 times as almost everybody doesn't want to run 1/8's, the guys on stangnet that have to use those tracks hate them.
i heard from a track official in Paris,Tx. (only 1/8th around here) that insurance is less than half on an 1/8th track vs. full 1/4.

Originally posted by james t
i heard from a track official in Paris,Tx. (only 1/8th around here) that insurance is less than half on an 1/8th track vs. full 1/4.

.... and so is the land needed,

Back