1:64 Explorer Project

97Sandbox

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seward, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Haven't been working on my Sport much lately due to new baby responsibilities, but I have been working on a fun Explorer project -- a 1:64 die cast Sport that I'm detailing to look like my truck.
20211226_201926.jpg

20211226_201935.jpg

20211226_202049.jpg

20211226_202036.jpg

It's not the same as wrenching, but it's been something fun to tinker with between diaper changes. Thought y'all might get a kick out of it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That’s great!!

Congrats on the baby too

Oh there ya go! Funny I got the idea a few months back and am doing something similar! I bought this 1:24 scale explorer to make eventually look like mine, technically a '97 vs my '99 but we'll just roll with it. Just haven't take the time to work on it yet. But maybe soon since theres less on my plate. Good luck on yours and congratulations on the baby!

20210731_143421.jpg

I bought this 1:24 scale explorer to make eventually look like mine, technically a '97 vs my '99 but we'll just roll with it.
Is that one a die cast too? I built one of the AMT 1:25 '96 Explorer kits to look like my '97 XLT years ago but the plastic model hasn't held up all that well.

Is that one a die cast too? I built one of the AMT 1:25 '96 Explorer kits to look like my '97 XLT years ago but the plastic model hasn't held up all that well.
Yeah, it's a die cast, by Maisto. Can find 'em on ebay if you're interested, and to correct myself, it's actually a '95 exploder. Hadn't ever seen your kit, would've been interesting to get that too

The only bronco ii model or die cast anything I could ever find is an old matchbox car it’s a yellow bii with red flames and a sunroof. I would love to have a little bronco ii model!

The only bronco ii model or die cast anything I could ever find is an old matchbox car it’s a yellow bii with red flames and a sunroof. I would love to have a little bronco ii model!
I mean, I'm not 100% if these match yours, but heres some on Ebay, last one is nice, but pricey

Some of those Bronco II die casts are impressively detailed!

I've never seen a Bronco II model in-person either, but I do have a first gen 1:42 Maisto truck that was mine as a kid. My dad give it to me back when he was driving a '93 XLT.

20211228_122147.jpg

Found one at a flea market today and a first gen too!
PXL_20220703_184110968.jpg

That 1st gen almost looks like a 1st gen mopar mini van

Back