1 of 2 Torque Monster header(s) install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1 of 2 Torque Monster header(s) install

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Well, I completed the drivers side of the install, everything went very well. It just takes time and the right tools.

My only regret is I forgot to clean the surface of the head, I installed the header to see how it looked, and was leaving the cleaning and the rest of the install for this morning, but when I started the rest of the install today, I forgot to clean it...so we will see how that goes, no initial leak. Worse case is to replace the gasket and clean the surface :mad:

Tomorrow I go for the passenger side, a friend of mine has a heated garage and a nice set of snap on tools so not only do we have the tools and garage, but an extra set of hands to help.

As everyone has said, they are excellent quality headers, workmanship is 2nd to none.

It is a VERY tight fit under the hood, and these fit just perfectly.

passenger side is easier :)
Man you gotta clean the mating surface man! hahaha

I am going to wait till it leaks to clean the surface , I can do it in a few hours, but it goes like this...if it ain't broke (yet) DON'T TOUCH IT <g>

I can't see how the passenger side is easier though, there is definatly more work involved.

Back