1 very broke 2.9 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

1 very broke 2.9

CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
so i had tried to blow my already wounded 2.9L a few weeks ago, and i was successful, heres some pics of the damage

as it looked when i pulled the pan

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

heres the connecting rod as i pulled it out of the windage tray (did not need to unbolt it, it was hangin loose)

Picture049.jpg

all that i did was remove the windage tray and rod, to take this pic

Picture051.jpg

heres some of the larger broken peices on the floor

Picture052.jpg

heres a shot after i pulled the piston out and the head off

Picture055.jpg

heres just a shot of the B2 with the motor removed, damn thing sat so high and my roof is low i need to remove the tires and drop it on the ground to clear the Rad. support with the engine

Picture056.jpg

<

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Massive amounts of carngage. Talk about reckless abandoment. Now what, 4.0 5.0 how about a stroked 302 to slip in there.

<

CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
eh got another 2.9L on the stand, got another mud pit this sunday to visit, the 2.9L i have on the stand was FREE

well oil pressure gets real low like 2-5 psi after like 20 minutes of runnin, and so a few weeks ago i went to a mud pit thing, and i was overheating it left and right (on purpose) from the mud gettin in the raditor, now i have a mechanical gauge that goes to 280 and i had it pegged past 280 for like 10 minutes in the pits, it was gettin so hot i couldn't get the rpms over 2000, i would drive out hose it down bring the temp down to around 180 and back out in the pit and do it all over again, when i could get the r's up i was pushing so many r's in low range first gear that the valves were floating left and right, it survived the day, but began knocking and sounding very bad

then i had it at home and was screwing around, power braking on a hill running the r's over 4000 in first and BOOM no more r's

<