100% Bone-Stock Ranger tackles John Bull! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

100% Bone-Stock Ranger tackles John Bull!

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
I completed John Bull last Sunday in dust-dry conditions. Boulders rolling around under my tires, tippy/sliding/slipping are two words to describe John Bull - With a generous lift, lockers, etc. Heres some pics from this past Saturday where a club member and one of his friends (Dawn) navigated her bone-stock Ranger up a hardcore Big Bear Trail. Yes, it can be done...

175430473CCcXBx_ph.jpg

John Bull Trail - flooded out in a 100% Stock Ranger

-Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Small world - I recognize WLD from the SoCal hiking yahoo group.

Waiting for the pics to load...

Looks awsome man! As I was told at my last club run "never underestimate the capability of a stock rig, with a driver that doesn't give a fawk" ;)

Later
cp

That website is so slow. Also I cant get some of the pics to come up... just get a blank image.

Looks like fun though.

That trail doesn't look that tough at all-- looks more just like some good times

rino351 said:
That trail doesn't look that tough at all-- looks more just like some good times
The 2nd to last time I ran this trail, it was a breeze. Locked in the rear, aired down to about 14 p.s.i. - I just walked right through all of the rock gardens. Thunderhorse got some body damage with the rear qtr panel (driver's side) getting smacked HARD on a rock. He made it through all of the obstacles though. The last time I went through this trail, I had 'em locked front and rear, and my small-fry 33" tires couldn't clear most of the obstacles I had to deal with. The other guys w/35" tires made it look real easy. The moral of this story? Be sure to bring some big dawgs along just in case you're running a 33" tire or smaller on the John Bull!

-Ken

Back