Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.55.30 AM.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 7,499
  • Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.56.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.56.02 AM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 7,730
  • Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.56.30 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.56.30 AM.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 9,746

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two more

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.57.30 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.57.30 AM.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 7,454
  • Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.57.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-15 at 9.57.02 AM.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 10,065

That's it!

Page 23-6 clearly shows pin 46 connected to the air inlet control valve (solenoid). I tried separating the wires in the bundle on the engine side of the main engine harness electrical connector mounted in front of the ignition coil pack and looked for a brown wire. The colors are faded so I may have found one but I'm not sure. If I disconnect that connector will I be able to find pin numbers that correspond to the pin numbers at the PCM connector?

I really appreciate you posting all of the PCM related diagrams. It is a real service to me and other forum members!

If I disconnect that connector will I be able to find pin numbers that correspond to the pin numbers at the PCM connector?

The diagram for the connector should match as you are looking at the connector face (after you disconnect it). You should also be able to orient it by looking for the color codes on some of the connections (e.g. Pin 1) and matching it that way.

It is possible that the version of the manual that I have is an early edition and that they may have corrected the manual to show that circuit in the connector in a later version. My manual isn't from "official" sources.

Hello ,
i have 1997 sohc 2wd ...
I am installing a new entrainment center with rear view camera
and i need to find a back up light wire and a park position wire , i been told to do it from the dtr on the transmission and i am wondering if i have access to such wire from the pcm harness ?

Hello ,
i have 1997 sohc 2wd ...
I am installing a new entrainment center with rear view camera
and i need to find a back up light wire and a park position wire , i been told to do it from the dtr on the transmission and i am wondering if i have access to such wire from the pcm harness ?

Not really, the backup wire does not go back to the PCM - there is a set of 4 wires connecting the PCM and DTR sensor, but there is not a separate park position or backup wire going back to the PCM as near as I can tell.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-02 at 5.34.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-02 at 5.34.23 PM.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 6,875

hi guys.
I am Brazilian and I do not speak English very well.
precise outline of the pcm pin eec v of a 2001 ranger sohc v6 210cv.
do not know if realized, but the third part of the pins on the page that has a think are the v8, which indicate the pins 91-104, lists four lambda sensors and injectors 2,4,6,8.
cnsigo not find this part at the v6 referendum, could someone help me?

Will the 97 wiring diagram work for a 99 sohc? I am doing an engine swap and the new engine has a random wire sticking out about 2 inches from the pcm connection. there is no indication that the wire has been disconnected or taken out of the current wiring harness. I also checked my old wiring harness and there is no blue wire in the same location.

Nevermind my last post. Someone tapped into a wire.

Does anybody have a pin layout for a 02 explorer with a 4.0 SOHC and a 5R55S transmission. I need the solenoid pack wiring diagram to the PCM.

How about one for a 94 manual explorer??

Hey INH those diagrams are so useful, i have notice that you have posted many of them, so...I am actively looking for the PCM pinout diagram for the explorer 2008 4.3L V8 but still no success, can you help me in this issue or recomend any link that can provide this PCM model pinout diagram?

Thanks in advance

Thanks budy, I'm going to find out where's exactly located the pin connector that serve the ignition signal for each ignition coil...i have a serios problem of misfire in Cylinder 7, i'd changed the spark plug, the ignition coil , test the injector, but still don't find a solution! Ford dealer on my town says that is a PCM problem that stop sending the ignition signal to the coil, they say that i have to CHANGE THE COMPUTER!... i don't know but it sounds ridiculous, what do you think about it?...Any advice?
regards

Not yet, but there is no signal of compression looses or oil leaking in the engine, the motor is ok with no oil leak issues, but i will take it in count before make a conclusion.
In the CDC, C175E pin 16 (YEL/GRY wire), what is the voltage range do I will expect on it?...can I test the wires with the coil plugged and connected?, i Think that can use a LED or some kind of light bulb to "see" if signal is gone when fail comes again...it is possible?

Hi my friend, i would like to thank you all the support and tips that you share with me regarding my Missfire piston 7 problem.
I have to ask you again about a specifi test that I'm going to do today, so read carefully the test procedure that i wan to do:

1rst question:
is TRUE that the PCM send a GROUND SIGNAL to eahc engine coil during normal operation?...i mean, each coil have a permanent 12 volt feeds from the computer, then in the RIGHT time, the PCM send a ground signal for each coil in order to close the circuit, generate the high voltage arch and consecuently. the spark that blows the fuel into the cylinder....i need to know if this is really true!!.

2nd question.
Since it is a fact that a pair of cylinders works together (paired) that means PCM send TWO (2) ground signal simultaneously by different ways (2 cables) to both cylinders, these paired signal are sincronized and occurs exactly the same time?

3rd. question.
if PCM fails sending the ground signal to cylinder 7, and producing a Misfire on it..can i take the ground signal from the other 100% ok cylinder cable (the paired cylinder) and connects both cylinder together, using the "good signal" that comes from the PCM? and ignoring the bad ground signal cable that comes from PCM?

4th question.
a friend of mine that works with mechanical, says me that the paired cylinder in the explorer 2008 XLT V8 4.3L 3 valves is:
1 paired with 6
2 paired with 8
3 paired with 5
4 paired with 7
can you confirm this please?
thanks you again buddy.

which engine?

Your post says 4.3L V8 with 3 valves. Here in the USA the 2008 Explorer has a 4.6L V8 with 2 valves per cylinder.

The older Explorers had a waste spark system with two ignition coils. Cylinders were paired with one cylinder firing on the compression stroke while its pair was firing on the exhaust stroke. The 2008 has coil on plug (COP) ignition with a trigger wire from the PCM dedicated to each spark plug. I doubt that COP is a paired system but I can't confirm that.

When the ignition key is in the Run position battery voltage from the PCM power relay is applied to one side of all the COPs. When the PCM fires a particular cylinder plug it grounds the other side of the COP. I advise against connecting two of the trigger wires together. That would result is twice the current flow thru the trigger wire and might damage the PCM.

in need of explorer 4.6L XLT 2008 PCM pinout HELP!!

1996 5.0 PCM pinout

Hi there!.

I have a lot of problems with my 6r60 mechatronic valve body unit, it can't shift from 3 to 4...always make a huge noise (CLANK) and don't shift, I've tried everything and the issue still remains, a friend of mine gave me another mechatronic unit, we change the older one and then test again, the problem persist...i am thinking about the wire harness or conector that comes from PCM..do you have the PCM pinout for this model'..i wanna know if the problem is a bad/broken wire, i want to test the whole harness.

thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is the 4.0 OHV Pinout for a 2000 model year

Is the PCM exactly the same for a 1998 Ford Explorer 4.0 OHV? If not, do you have a pin-out for the 1998?

I tried to put a 1998 Ford Explorer 4.0 OHV engine in my 2000 Ford Explorer which originally had a 4.0 OHV in it. The problem I have is the 1998 engine has a 3 wire camshaft position sensor which sends a DC square wave to the computer. But the 2000 engine was using a 2 wire camshaft position sensor which produces a sine wave (or analog signal). The 2000 PCM will not pick up and read the digital-DC square wave generated from the 1998 3-wire camshaft position sensor. So my question is, can I put a 1998 PCM into my 2000 Ford Explorer to fix the check engine light problem? Or is there a way to make the 2000 PCM pick-up and read the 3-wire DC digital signal?

I am currently have the 2000 wiring harness wired to the 1998 engine. I had to use this harness in order for it to work with the 2000 Ford Explorer transmission, alternator, etc.

Back