• Register Today It's free!

12" Subs firing up or to the rear

Daps

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Ok guys what do you think would be better having my subs firing up towards the roof or to the rear door? I like rap music if that makes any difference

I'm thinking about attaching my amp to my sub box but heard some ppl say they mount theirs to the rear seat..anyone have any picts or their mounts?

Short on money but I plan on replacing either the front 6x8 or the rear. I'm thinking front as that would give me
better sound up front as the back would have the subs.
I'll be running them off the HU for the time being...

Funds are kinda low at the moment

Do they have speaker adapter kits at wal mart,ciruit city or so. I don't want to cut the wires really

Will I need any special tools to remove floor bolt or anything to get the carpet up?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This topic has been disscused TONS of times. Some Say rear firing is the best, some say firing them twards the roof. It really depends on the build of the box, the sub, and how you hear the music. Just try both. Most say the reason that is sounds better firing at the hatch becuase "it allows the wavelenght of the sub to travel further."

Originally posted by Daps
Ok guys what do you think would be better having my subs firing up towards the roof or to the rear door? I like rap music if that makes any difference

I listen to alot ofd rap, have mine firing up and like the way it sounds.

I'm thinking about attaching my amp to my sub box but heard some ppl say they mount theirs to the rear seat..anyone have any picts or their mounts?

I wouldn't attach it there, mostly because it is really hard to have a clean install(no wires showing) when it is screwed on the box. If you don't care about looks, go right ahead. I mounted mine temporarily on a piece of MDF so it could be clean, when it warms up, I will be moving them.(I have 4 amps)

Short on money but I plan on replacing either the front 6x8 or the rear. I'm thinking front as that would give me better sound up front as the back would have the subs. I'll be running them off the HU for the time being...

Definately do the front first. I reccomend putting some components in. They will give you the best overall sound.

Do they have speaker adapter kits at wal mart,ciruit city or so. I don't want to cut the wires really

Yes. I got mine from best Buy.

Will I need any special tools to remove floor bolt or anything to get the carpet up?

Shouldn't.

mine fire to the rear, and i like how the setup works

Actually old pic.. box still sits the same way...

Attachments

• subs and amp.jpg
    subs and amp.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 264

i have 1 12w3 jl audio in a sealed box. i point mine towards the back. never tried up. i have 2 pioneer 6x8's if you are interested. $30 includes shipping and handling. they sound great and are not blown. I bought 2 sets of them (front and back) but took out the front ones because my friend gave me nice sony ones. model #TS-A6813 150 watts
fc96f346.jpg

Guess I should've done the search feature first my bad :)

I'll have to look and see where I can mount my amp, this weekend when I get started..

kontinu1:
I'll holla at you this friday when I get paid.
May be interested in them. at that price I could afford buy another set and switch all 4 speakers out....

I trust you guys more than some ppl on ebay

hey, i might want those speakers if he doesnt...gotta buy tires though, we'll see

mine fire to the rear......

my rockford fires toward the back currently, although i have tried it toward the front....NO BASS.....and toward the roof...not bad.....but toward the back was loudest for me. But with my next setup, im going to have the subs firing into the roof, as there just isn't enough for 4 twelves straight across the back of the X with ports and whatnot.

If you're still willing to sale your Pioneers...email me at daps57th@hotmail.com
and let me know how you want to take care of payment...
Thanks
Dwyane

Originally posted by kontinu1
i have 1 12w3 jl audio in a sealed box. i point mine towards the back. never tried up. i have 2 pioneer 6x8's if you are interested. $30 includes shipping and handling. they sound great and are not blown. I bought 2 sets of them (front and back) but took out the front ones because my friend gave me nice sony ones. model #TS-A6813 150 watts
fc96f346.jpg

Back