13' Custom Headlights | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

13' Custom Headlights

DPerri

Reaction score
City, State
Dalton PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 explorer xlt
Looking to have someone do, or to buy a set of headlights with the LED strip in them like newer model cars. And or halo rings around the projector any help would be appreciated thank you

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
How much $$$ are you willing to spend?

<

DPerri

Reaction score
City, State
Dalton PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 explorer xlt
Not sure, I guess less than 500 for the pair??

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
<

JETZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Well, that’s why I asked that question. Everybody wants ‘custom’, but totally in the dark regarding cost. As Peter pointed out the cost of stock headlights (before tax), are $$$!

There is a post on here about a guy who had a shop redo his stock lights install better projectors, got rid of the ambers with LEDS etc. I think it cost him $1700 if I remember correctly. Do a search, he posted good pics.

Not sure, I guess less than 500 for the pair??

<

LukerDooker

Reaction score
City, State
N.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013Limited 301A TuxBlack
Stock shape replacements and the like run from $320 - 700-ish - pair or each, check out:
2013 Ford Explorer Custom & Factory Headlights – CARiD.com
So a custom set up is up there.

There is a post on here where you send your lights and they do a bake job, put in angel eyes and some other LED mods, and ship back to you, I think it was $600 each.
Good pics in that post if still available...

<