1354 Electric T case 2wd to 4wd conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1354 Electric T case 2wd to 4wd conversion

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
I will be converting my 2wd 94 to 4wd and would like to have a 1354 manual case but can't find one. Can I use an electric case and some toggle switches to make it work? I don't have a wiring diagram to see what all is involved in activating the shift.

I have a 1350 manual case but would really like to not have any worries about the slip yoke on the front.

Any opinions on the strength of the 1350 VS 1354?

I dont know if the input on the 1350 is the same.

I am playing with an old shift motor right now to see how it clicks, so far it has inputs from when the trans is in neutral for low range, and some other safety bypass (motion maybe) and then inputs and grounds for the different positions.

I dont know if the input on the 1350 is the same.

I am playing with an old shift motor right now to see how it clicks, so far it has inputs from when the trans is in neutral for low range, and some other safety bypass (motion maybe) and then inputs and grounds for the different positions.

the 1350 bolts up and the splines are the same to my knowledge.

If you figure out anything on making the electric case work without the factory wiring let me know.

Also has anyone disassembled an electric case and modified it to shift manually?

Thanks

ya, people have made manual shifters.

do a search.

Back