1356 tcase | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1356 tcase

jondf

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer Sport
Does anyone here know if a manual shifter will fit off of a 1356 tcase in a f-150? Also will that tcase fit in my 5 speed 93 explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No and no. The pivot bolt that holds the shifter to the extension housing is the only thing that is common between the f-150 and the explorer.

I saw on another forum that the 1356 and the 1354 share the same input shaft, number of splines, as well as the same 6 bolt pattern. Do you know if i would be able to modify the shifter enough to make it work? I am having fits with getting the electric shift to work on my 1354. I have changed the module twice and still i cant get five volts to go up to the switch to power it. I dont want to go with the "shiftster" either because i plan on wheeling it some and i dont want to have to climb underneath it to shift it. Do you know of any reason why I would not be getting 5 volts to the switch feed?

What you read was wrong. The 13-56 and 13-54 are very different. Perhaps you saw (or what they meant to say) that the 13-56 and the 13-45 used the same flange and input shaft spline count.

if that is the same all i would have to do then is modify the driveshafts to make it work. Correct? Or do you have any suggestions of why i am not getting the five volts for the switch feed in the dash?

if that is the same all i would have to do then is modify the driveshafts to make it work. Correct? Or do you have any suggestions of why i am not getting the five volts for the switch feed in the dash?

If whats all the same? The 13-56 and the 13-45 (not the 13-54).

No clue why you have no power at the switch. You have a schematic to follow?

kinda but that comes directly out of the module and the wire ohms out so it is not a broken wire. also i have changed the module three times now and i still dont get power from it. i have some pages from a magazine that have what each wire does and i have a very crappy schematic that is hard to follow.

Hi-jack -- Since the 1356 will not bolt up in place to the EX, does anyone make the adaptor to do so?

I recently found a 1350 tcase out of an 88 ranger at a salvage yard and was able to get it. I got all of the shifter and the tcase as well as the driveshafts. thanks for your input. it is greatly appreciated.

Back