• Register Today It's free!

14 Explorer Driver Door Lock

dsmith9455

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hi All, I just traded my 11 Explorer Limited for a 14 Explorer Limited this past weekend. I am experiencing a problem with the door lock when grabbing the door handle. As with my 11, the door should unlock and stay unlocked. With this one if you do not open the door extremely fast it locks back. I mean as soon at it unlocks , it immediately relocks. I have it set to unlock all doors. The driver door is the only one that locks back. All of the other doors stay unlocked. Is anyone experiencing this?

Thanks
Danny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was until I realized I was touching the small black lock sensor on the outside of the handle almost at the same time. If your not doing this then you have an issue.

My 14 SPORT has an issue where I will sometimes walk up to the drivers door with key in hand and press the unlock and nothing will happen. Also same for locking.

I have also been sitting in the vehicle, key fob in pocket and I will get a pop up yellow caution window in the left DIC cluster window that says "No Key Detected"

Did battery pull and Master Reset of MFT but still persists.

Hi All, I just traded my 11 Explorer Limited for a 14 Explorer Limited this past weekend. I am experiencing a problem with the door lock when grabbing the door handle. As with my 11, the door should unlock and stay unlocked. With this one if you do not open the door extremely fast it locks back. I mean as soon at it unlocks , it immediately relocks. I have it set to unlock all doors. The driver door is the only one that locks back. All of the other doors stay unlocked. Is anyone experiencing this?

Thanks
Danny
I would say that you have a problem that the dealer should check out. There should be no reason that the one door relocks. I assume that since you have all the doors set to unlock that you also have them all set to lock. That is the way I have mine setup.

Peter

I was until I realized I was touching the small black lock sensor on the outside of the handle almost at the same time. If your not doing this then you have an issue.

My 14 SPORT has an issue where I will sometimes walk up to the drivers door with key in hand and press the unlock and nothing will happen. Also same for locking.

I have also been sitting in the vehicle, key fob in pocket and I will get a pop up yellow caution window in the left DIC cluster window that says "No Key Detected"

Did battery pull and Master Reset of MFT but still persists.
I believe that the sensor that detects the key fob is located in the centre console by the slot that is used for emergency starts. Do you have anything in that area that might be affecting the reception of the signal?

Peter

Thanks for the replies. Yes I made sure I didn't have my hand on the black sensor. I do think I have a problem. A couple if times the door lock has locked and unlocked so fast multiple times that it was like stuck in a loop until I released the door handle. The dealer said they would be glad to come and pick it up. I just don't want to say it was in the shop the first few days I had it. Ha

Peter. Can you elaborate on this slot used for emergency starts? I've never heard of that.

Thanks
Danny

Thanks for the replies. Yes I made sure I didn't have my hand on the black sensor. I do think I have a problem. A couple if times the door lock has locked and unlocked so fast multiple times that it was like stuck in a loop until I released the door handle. The dealer said they would be glad to come and pick it up. I just don't want to say it was in the shop the first few days I had it. Ha
Also time to update your profile I think, Danny. ;)

Peter

Peter. Can you elaborate on this slot used for emergency starts? I've never heard of that.

Thanks
Danny
It is to be used to start the vehicle in the event that your key fob battery dies. It is explained on page 191 of the 2014 Owner's Guide.

Peter

Attachments

• P2150181_1_01.JPG
    P2150181_1_01.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 242

Ok. That is the same place you program the mykey correct?

...With this one if you do not open the door extremely fast it locks back. I mean as soon at it unlocks , it immediately relocks...

Hi Danny,

Bring this to the attention of your dealership so they can help. I'm happy to get this in front of your regional customer service manager as well; to get started, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Back