14 XLT Remote Start - Flip Key Fob | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

14 XLT Remote Start - Flip Key Fob

Capeman121

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Hey everyone. First post here. I'm getting a 2014 Explorer XLT in the next week. I plan on getting one of the nice switchblade keys from amazon. However, I also want to enable the factory remote start using forscan. Has anyone seen any switchblade key fobs that have the remote start button? All the ones i see either dont have the remote start button or dont have the trunk button. (my XLT has powered liftgate and i wouldn't want to lose this feature.)

The fob i plan on using but has no remote start: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088NTS3BR/?tag=serious-20

Or is there a way to activate the remote start without having a remote start button? Like pressing lock 3 times or some combination like that?

Thanks in advanced. I will be making an introduction post pretty soon. Very excited to joining this community.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Does the vehicle have the hood switch for remote start? I thought I read something about a 'shortcut' feature but can't recall if it was for remote start.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Does the vehicle have the hood switch for remote start? I thought I read something about a 'shortcut' feature but can't recall if it was for remote start.

Peter
Is this something I would be able to easily see? I saw several owners activate remote start without any issues. I will check once I get the car this week (hopefully).

Have a look at this post/picture; 2018 PIU Hood Switch Location

Peter
Thank you Peter, I will have a look once I get it. But this circles back to my original question for anyone who has added remote start to their explorer. Did you get the OEM key fob with remote start button or are there any aftermarket ones such as a switchblade style key fob that someone can recommend? I just really dislike the OEM key fob. So much so, that if there was no other option I would completely disregard adding remote start entirely if it means I had to use the OEM key fob. Thanks

Thank you Peter, I will have a look once I get it. But this circles back to my original question for anyone who has added remote start to their explorer. Did you get the OEM key fob with remote start button or are there any aftermarket ones such as a switchblade style key fob that someone can recommend? I just really dislike the OEM key fob. So much so, that if there was no other option I would completely disregard adding remote start entirely if it means I had to use the OEM key fob. Thanks
Finally got me explorer today. The guy been playing games with my title. Its all straightened out now. It does have the hood switch. I will mess around in forscan and see if i come up with anything worth mentioning. Thanks

Back